Bestop four week wait for parts on a new top

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Just want to vent a bit of frustration. I am sure Bestop is busy, but this is crazy.

I bought a Trektop almost two months ago and was excited to finally have a soft top on the Jeep. But after the package arrived and I finally had time to open it and start assembling, two of the large frame parts were the same (one should have been left, one right).

I tried emailing Bestop, and after several days did not hear any response. So I called. The person I talked to was friendly, helpful and apologetic and promised to send the parts as soon as they got back in stock. I didn't hear anything for several more weeks.

I finally received an email from Bestop asking for photos of the parts and invoice, which I immediately sent. They responded nicely again, but said it will still be 3 to 4 more weeks before I get the parts.

I'm glad that Bestop is providing a replacement without argument, but it will be 3 months after I ordered my in-stock top before I get to use it, and summer will be almost over by then.

Ugh.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
These are trying times brother, I feel for ya honestly! I'm sure the Bestop crew have their own slew of issues with all of this going on. I would say that because there was a mess up at their plant they should at least try to expedite the piece in a timely manner but it doesn't look like they are taking the appropriate actions to satisfy a "Once" loyal customer! Hope it comes sooner than later!!

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey @OldBird
Thanks for your patience and understanding. From what you wrote it almost sounds to me like we entered a parts order when you called in, but then we may have entered another parts order when we got to your email. Do you feel that's possible? If so, I bet you'll get your parts in the 3-4 week time frame from your call. Either way, I understand that it's a bummer. If you have a ticket number and would like me to try to find out more info please send me the ticket number along with your contact info.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Lee you proved me wrong !! I am glad for this .... as I have always loved your products! It's great to see that there is representation from the Bestop team on this Forum, cuz as we all know things go wrong sometimes but having an actual person here to address it is half the battle.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Lee you proved me wrong !! I am glad for this .... as I have always loved your products! It's great to see that there is representation from the Bestop team on this Forum, cuz as we all know things go wrong sometimes but having an actual person here to address it is half the battle.
Thanks, Rico. You were correct in your post, these are trying times, but we're all working through it together.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
From what you wrote it almost sounds to me like we entered a parts order when you called in, but then we may have entered another parts order when we got to your email. Do you feel that's possible?
Thanks for the response and thanks for being part of this forum. It's been more than four weeks since the phone call, and I was not provided a ticket number at that time. If it does arrive soon I will contact again to cancel the second try.

Ticket number for the email is 83190, and any info on when I might expect it, including a tracking number once it is sent, would be helpful.

Thanks again
Timothy

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I received the part earlier than expected, thanks for any help you provided Lee @Bestop!

I don't think that came from the original phone call because they didn't get my email address and I did receive emails from FedEx when it was out for shipping. If there still is a pending request from the email it could be cancelled.

Now I just need to find the time to put the new top on.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I received the part earlier than expected, thanks for any help you provided Lee @Bestop!

I don't think that came from the original phone call because they didn't get my email address and I did receive emails from FedEx when it was out for shipping. If there still is a pending request from the email it could be cancelled.

Now I just need to find the time to put the new top on.
Great to hear!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored