Bestop Debuts Trektop Ultra Soft Top JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019]

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
They are an Italian company from what I understand. Did you email [email protected]? They got back to me pretty quickly when I emailed them my questions back in June. I doubt there are many places in the US where you can see one in person. I can send you some photos if you'd like. I don't have it on right now. I took it off for the winter and put the hard top back on. I'm glad I did too because we just got around 6.5" of snow in NJ.
Hey man, I grew up in Boonton. 6.5" is a lot of snow for NJ.
Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Pricing and timeframe isn't totally known yet. On the pricing front I would expect it to be more in line with the Supertop Ultra for JK since the folding mechanism is more complex than the standard Trektop (for JL or JK).

Timing-wise it's important for us to get tops out sometime in the spring as later in the year doesn't really help you realize what it was intended to do (top down in the warm sunshine). All that said we're still working through engineering, production, and supply chain considerations that can cause delays. As soon as we have a better handle on both price and timeline I'll share it here.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Any updates? Hoping to get the trektop ultra after I move to the southwest.

Sponsored

ejc2g

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon (soon)
So what’s the difference between the trektop ultra and the supertop ultra? Just the slanted rear?

When folded back, which one tucks in more?

I put the deposit down on the supertop ultra.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
So what’s the difference between the trektop ultra and the supertop ultra? Just the slanted rear?

When folded back, which one tucks in more?

I put the deposit down on the supertop ultra.
Correct. Supertop is the squareback design and the Trektop is the fastback design. All materials, mechanisms, and features are going to be nearly identical. It's only the profile that is different.

Thanks for the pre-order!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Correct. Supertop is the squareback design and the Trektop is the fastback design. All materials, mechanisms, and features are going to be nearly identical. It's only the profile that is different.

Thanks for the pre-order!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Do you sell the standard 2 door premium top that is not a fastback? I'd rather buy direct from the source than pay dealer markup.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Do you sell the standard 2 door premium top that is not a fastback? I'd rather buy direct from the source than pay dealer markup.
Not at this point but I expect we will sometime in the future.

We're launching the 4-door versions of the Supertop Ultra (squareback) and Trektop Ultra (fastback) this spring but I don't have any updates on when 2-door versions might be offered. As soon as I have some information on this front I'll pass it along.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Crap! That's a good find. I did a quick search about a month ago and it was coming up for $2,100.00.
Yeah, that’s who I ordered mine from. Shipping was $87, but the box was big and heavy. It had to come freight. Very good company.

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Jeep JLUR, 14' Mazda 3 Sport GT, 09' Acura RDX
Not at this point but I expect we will sometime in the future.

We're launching the 4-door versions of the Supertop Ultra (squareback) and Trektop Ultra (fastback) this spring but I don't have any updates on when 2-door versions might be offered. As soon as I have some information on this front I'll pass it along.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
What is the difference between Supertop Ultra and the factory Premium Softtop that comes with the dual top pack? If I'm not wrong, both were developed by Bestop, no?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
What is the difference between Supertop Ultra and the factory Premium Softtop that comes with the dual top pack? If I'm not wrong, both were developed by Bestop, no?
Yes - we produce both factory premium soft top and the Supertop Ultra. The differences are very minor between the two tops:

- different placement of the releases to drop the top into the cargo area
- the price of the Supertop Ultra is a few hundred dollars less expensive than the OEM premium top

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
what is the difference between the current JL soft top and the Trektop Ultra?
The Trektop Ultra is a fastback design with the slanted rear window. So, it looks different. Then there is the Supertop Ultra which looks just like the OEM one.
Sponsored