Sponsored

Bestop Debuts Trektop Ultra Soft Top JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019]

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Sport S
Can we at least confirm these will be less expensive to purchase direct than the OEM softop?
Sponsored

myerides

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Here's our video of it in action.

So is this a "retro fit" top that will work with factory Jeep soft top door frames, etc? If so, can just the top be purchased without the hardware?

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I understand that the 4 doors outsell the 2 doors but I'm becoming really disappointed at the neglect that the 2 door folks get. So much time and energy into the 4 door trektop and we cant even get a bikini, duster, windjammer combo yet. I'm a bit shocked that a foreign company is gonna beat besttop to the market.

gogo2.PNG

suntop.PNG

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Oh, is love that for my 2 door!

Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I understand that the 4 doors outsell the 2 doors but I'm becoming really disappointed at the neglect that the 2 door folks get. So much time and energy into the 4 door trektop and we cant even get a bikini, duster, windjammer combo yet. I'm a bit shocked that a foreign company is gonna beat besttop to the market.

gogo2.PNG

suntop.PNG
Yea, same here.

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport

gogo2.PNG

suntop.PNG
YES!!....I've been stalking their website for months waiting on this.... hopefully it's available by next spring

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Like it a lot! I have a TrekTop and might switch.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

gogo2.PNG

suntop.PNG
Well said!!!!

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Can you drive with it in this down position?
Yes - there are several positions you can run it in. The basic positions are similar to our Supertop Ultra (for JK). Here is a demo from our time at SEMA.

Disclaimer - it really depends on the speeds you'll be driving. If you are on the trail you can run all the positions. If you plan to be on the interstate it running it only partial down, sunrider pushed back, etc. - not a great idea as the wind pressure will cause problems unless the windows and rear window are out.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The quick Fold Down is a good, needed feature, but the windows, particularly the rear one, need to have a roll-up option, they are too big and awkward to store in the JL.
Does the Twill material have less shrinkage than the standard top material? This is important when putting it back up in cooler weather..

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
The quick Fold Down is a good, needed feature, but the windows, particularly the rear one, need to have a roll-up option, they are too big and awkward to store in the JL.
Does the Twill material have less shrinkage than the standard top material? This is important when putting it back up in cooler weather..
The twill will have some shrinkage during colder weather but it will be considerably less than what you would see with the standard material.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Disclaimer - it really depends on the speeds you'll be driving. If you are on the trail you can run all the positions. If you plan to be on the interstate it running it only partial down, sunrider pushed back, etc. - not a great idea as the wind pressure will cause problems unless the windows and rear window are out.
So the top is not supplied with a wrap to keep it policed when folded down?