Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
So, Marc Sawyer from Bestop is incorrect? Huh
That's not what I meant but I can understand how I created some confusion ;).

I was going to provide an update on both vinyl and twill, front and rear. There are units that have been in transit from manufacturing, some in the warehouse but not showing as available through bestop.com, some versions that are all completely spoken for, etc. since I know that some people are interested in vinyl vs. twill.

I'm still working to get numbers and availability on all the versions (front vs. rear, vinyl vs. twill) and will share them when I receive them :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes, that is why I clarified. I asked mark how long will it take me to get the vinyl front soft doors and he told me 5 days so that's what I'm going with I hope?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
For mirrors I already have installed the Lange coyote mirrors. They should work for the new doors and work when the doors are off. I’ll let you know.
Thanks! Looking forward to hearing about them.

Yea, those mirrors look like they should work. I guess as long as the door hinges are free.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I was able to circle up with the team this morning.

Customer support is following up with all customers that pre-ordered twill or black diamond versions JL fabric doors.

Once these orders are shipped, I'll get inventory updates and circle back here to share what we have relative to remaining stock and when additional batches will be available for those that don't already have orders in place. :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to circle up with the team this morning.

Customer support is following up with all customers that pre-ordered twill or black diamond versions JL fabric doors.

Once these orders are shipped, I'll get inventory updates and circle back here to share what we have relative to remaining stock and when additional batches will be available for those that don't already have orders in place. :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Is there provision for mirrors on these doors?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Thanks! Looking forward to hearing about them.

Yea, those mirrors look like they should work. I guess as long as the door hinges are free.
I installed the front driver door today. The mirrors do work they mount on the cowl and with the limiting straps shouldn’t get in the way. The passenger side might be a little harder to see. I should get some pictures this week after I install all four doors. I know they have some mirrors that work but I wanted to keep these doors light and storable.

The limiting straps are a bit hard to install because the rivet is very tight installed on the adjustment bolt.

I also have a small gap on the lower front of the door. But as said these aren’t water tight. I think I can fill the gap with some additional weather stripping.

So far I’m excited for the option of half doors with weather protection when needed.

I hope Bestop produces a good install video very soon. With some hints and tricks for the adjustments.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the front driver door today. The mirrors do work they mount on the cowl and with the limiting straps shouldn’t get in the way. The passenger side might be a little harder to see. I should get some pictures this week after I install all four doors. I know they have some mirrors that work but I wanted to keep these doors light and storable.

The limiting straps are a bit hard to install because the rivet is very tight installed on the adjustment bolt.

I also have a small gap on the lower front of the door. But as said these aren’t water tight. I think I can fill the gap with some additional weather stripping.

So far I’m excited for the option of half doors with weather protection when needed.

I hope Bestop produces a good install video very soon. With some hints and tricks for the adjustments.
My JK has those gaps, but they aren't really a big deal. The soft doors are in the cargo area most of the summer and only come out when I think I need them.

Sponsored

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I agree DanW, these will be used as half does most of the time or not installed. I want to fill the gap more for air coming in on the highway when I am using the upper portions.

That said the build quality is great and will be a great addition for a light door option.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Any updates?
We got a shipment of fronts in recently but all those were spoken for by those who had pre-ordered. We have a limited number of rear fabric doors but those aren't much good if we still don't have fronts in stock :facepalm:

We have more inbound and they should be here in the next week or two so hopefully we'll have them in-stock to support new orders.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com