DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why I was told they won't work with the hard top. Maybe I will order now after all.

Twill and Black Diamond - anyone recommend one over the other?
I think they leak a little more with the hard top. Not sure why, but they leak more on my JK with the hard top than with the soft top.
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm going to order the Black Diamond, if and when available. Reason, the vinyl type will be easier to clean than the twill type cloth, in my opinion. Also, I will re-cover the door frames in OD canvas in the future, so the extra $ for Twill doesn't make sense for me

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Update, Bestop now says mid January :no::no:
We just learned this as well. I'm working to get an update on when they will be in the warehouse and shipping. The most recent update was that they'll be in our warehouse beginning of January but I'm trying to get more detail and will reply back when I have it.

Not sure why I was told they won't work with the hard top. Maybe I will order now after all.

Twill and Black Diamond - anyone recommend one over the other?
It's because of the door surrounds. The fabric doors are just not as rigid as the OEM doors so with the hard top they don't fit in the same way so they can leak. This is the case with a soft top as well. That said, if you keep an eye on them and tweak the frames as needed to ensure they are aligned it will reduce leaking.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
We just learned this as well. I'm working to get an update on when they will be in the warehouse and shipping. The most recent update was that they'll be in our warehouse beginning of January but I'm trying to get more detail and will reply back when I have it.

It's because of the door surrounds. The fabric doors are just not as rigid as the OEM doors so with the hard top they don't fit in the same way so they can leak. This is the case with a soft top as well. That said, if you keep an eye on them and tweak the frames as needed to ensure they are aligned it will reduce leaking.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thanks! Yes, I don't expect them to be water tight, I just want them to close. It is more for wind/temps than rain for me. From the photos I couldn't see why they wouldn't closed, so when they came back with that I was confused.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Yes, I don't expect them to be water tight, I just want them to close. It is more for wind/temps than rain for me. From the photos I couldn't see why they wouldn't closed, so when they came back with that I was confused.
Even though they leak, it isn't terrible. Their main purpose, for me, is to allow going further from home with the doors off, providing protection from a rain squall or even a rainy day. The main place water gets in on my JK is through the bottom of the rear doors. The fronts really don't leak. They are well worth having, IMO. My only beef for the JL version is the price. The initial price we were told is much higher than the JK version. If they get the price down to a reasonable level, I'll certainly jump on a set of these.

As for temps, they are great. I won't say much for them below freezing temps, but you can stay nice and warm otherwise. Of course, the old JK and it's 3.8 has an afterburner for a heater, but the JL's heater is good, too and should be able to handle it.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
My only beef for the JL version is the price
Yea, plus they don't come with the mirrors on the fronts. I'm thinking about a front set, but geez... it's gonna be like 700 bucks everything included for a set of fabric doors.

If they end up running a special I may bite this summer, but probably will wait to see if another company comes out with something or if we start seeing stuff on the core doors (realize won't be until 2021 at least on those, just looking for info).

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Blah blah, blah

Screenshot_20200103-082611_Chrome.jpg
I know :( . It's not the delivery timing we had hoped for.

I did just check and there is a shipment leaving from our production facility early next week and should be at our HQ soon in 7-10 days. These will be fronts in Twill and Vinyl. All the vinyl fronts are already spoken for but we should have a few Twill fronts left.

We already have a few of the rears in the warehouse in both vinyl and twill. I'm working with the team to get those made available for purchase via bestop.com.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Good news all. I just received my rear doors and the front doors are coming later this week. The build quality is top notch for sure. Can’t wait to get them on the jeep soon.

also I was able to work with Bestop and they stepped up and made this issue right. It was too bad the delay happened but they definitely showed great customer service and did help with this unforeseen delay. The end result definitely made me once again a happy Bestop Customer.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Awesome! Send us some pictures when you can, and let us know how they hold up once you get some rain/snow/whatever. Also about the mirror situation: what mirrors did you buy, where can you mount them?

Sponsored

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ok, so how long a wait for a set of vinyl front doors? You'll have in 7-10 days OR those are the ones spoken for? If so, how long yyp actually get a set for front?ty

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Awesome! Send us some pictures when you can, and let us know how they hold up once you get some rain/snow/whatever. Also about the mirror situation: what mirrors did you buy, where can you mount them?

I’m going to try to install them this weekend. The front doors will be here Friday.

For mirrors I already have installed the Lange coyote mirrors. They should work for the new doors and work when the doors are off. I’ll let you know.

https://langeoriginals.com/collections/mirrors/products/coyote-mirror-for-2018-jl-and-jlu

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My bad I was actually inquiring if bestop themselves could respond to this thread? Thank you :)

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
My bad I was actually inquiring if bestop themselves could respond to this thread? Thank you :)
I'm double checking with the team on these. I know that fronts have been slow to make it to our warehouse where we've had a few rears in stock - even that depends on fabric. Regardless, I'm checking and will reply back when I have more detailed to share.

Thanks!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored