Bestop 2 piece Soft Doors

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
i called my contact at Morris 4x4 for an update on the Soft Doors, He put me on hold and called Bestop. From what my guy at Morris was told ... we are now looking at Mid-November "at the earliest".
I have spoken to Cassie that said at first early July. Then I got late July. Last message from her was mid September.

I also called Bestop and the guy said they are having a manufacturing delay and it probably will be late September.

It’s funny because by the time they come it will be winter and I won’t need them. They really need to get their stuff together or just don’t announce anything until it’s in the warehouse ready to ship.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Yes, I agree. Don’t announce parts until they’re ready ship is a good policy.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey Guys,

I totally understand your frustration with this delay. Unfortunately the manufacturing delay hit at the last minute. I will pass your frustrations along to our team here.

CassieAtBestop

I have spoken to Cassie that said at first early July. Then I got late July. Last message from her was mid September.

I also called Bestop and the guy said they are having a manufacturing delay and it probably will be last September.

It’s funny because by the time they come it will be winter and I won’t need them. They really need to get their stuff together or just don’t announce anything until it’s in the warehouse ready to ship.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I was thinking that too, actually. The tariff stuff can affect anything from the full components and production of an item to just some of the parts that go into an item and then are assembled in the U.S.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The price they are charging is as if they are made in the US. In fact, if they were actually made in the US, I might reconsider and purchase them. However, for Chinese made doors, they are way overpriced. There's no manufacturing or materials reason for them to be priced significantly more than the JK doors, unless they are greatly improved in the way they seal.

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Same. Was very gun ho. Not going to bother now. Was also told they won't work with the hard top, which kills it for me. Fall is right around the corner.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are they actually made in China?
Not sure. I'm going to look at my JK soft doors when I get home.

At the price they are asking for these things, I sure hope they aren't made in China. If US made, I may grit my teeth and buy a set next spring. I want to see the Core doors for the JL, though. I'm just not sure I can swallow the $3k pricetag for those, and that's if they price them the same as for the JK. If the pattern continues, they'll probably price them closer to $4k.

I do love the soft doors on my JK, but I can also live without them on the JL. I really hope they discount them when they come out. Like I said, though, if they are US made, I'd be willing to fork over a little more for them. I'd think making them in the US wouldn't be hard, if you used some automation. It is a little bit of welding and a bit of stitching.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same. Was very gun ho. Not going to bother now. Was also told they won't work with the hard top, which kills it for me. Fall is right around the corner.
Bummer. The JK version works decently with the hard top.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Whoa, touchy much, @Solidaxle? Just stating possibilities, dude.
Why did you single me out? I didn’t single anybody out, I just made a statement which rattled you enough to come after me personally. Why ?
Did I touch a nerve with you? You appear to be projecting your insecurities on me.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Soft doors???? What about Core Doors for the JL?

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
This just in from @CassieatBestop, Soft doors delayed to November. I’m hoping these are worth the money and the wait.

I’m just glad the sunscreen actually came when I ordered it a month ago.

I hope Bestop will make up for over promising and under delivery of this product.
Many preordered because Cassie said it would be ready soon and had expectations of a one or two month time table now it’s almost 6 months and even that might be delayed.

I love Bestop products but wow this is a major fail.
Sponsored