Sponsored

Bestop 2 piece Soft Doors

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
What is the difference is fabrics? I don't have a soft top.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Also wait type of mirrors do they take?
I don't know about the mirrors, but the fabric is either the standard which is like older JK soft top material, or the premium which is thicker, softer, and a bit quieter and supposedly lasts longer.

Sponsored

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Called on my order today. Was told Aug 1st

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Glad I didn't preorder in hopes of having these for vacation. I'm sure Bestop is doing the best they can, and coordination of production and all that is complicated, but dang - the history is pretty solidly there to tack on at least a month to whatever estimate they give on their JL products. Cassie said "shipping early July" on the previous page of this post, but if @Huehue80 is right, that date is not accurate. Again, I couldn't do better myself obviously, all respect for good products, but maybe stick to a policy of not giving dates until the products are actually at your facility to start shipping.

ArmyJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own a JLURubicon
Occupation
Retired US Army
I bought these doors and they are awesome!

Jeep doors.PNG

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I didn't preorder in hopes of having these for vacation. I'm sure Bestop is doing the best they can, and coordination of production and all that is complicated, but dang - the history is pretty solidly there to tack on at least a month to whatever estimate they give on their JL products. Cassie said "shipping early July" on the previous page of this post, but if @Huehue80 is right, that date is not accurate. Again, I couldn't do better myself obviously, all respect for good products, but maybe stick to a policy of not giving dates until the products are actually at your facility to start shipping.
Over promising and under delivering is a pattern. They should pick a date, add 2 months to it, then surprise everyone by being on time.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Its funny you said that. The guy I talked to said Cassie got a little too excited wIth that post. I even joked with him about the early July date and when I PM Cassie she said middle. But now it is August 1st week. The other doors are great but I really need a light full coverage door I can put in half and full for mode when needed and still be able to store the top half easily. They are going to be as Bestop said on their phone hold message " The Bees Knees"

Last edited:

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Its funny you said that. The guy I talked to said Cassie got a little too excited worth that post. I even hooked with him about the early July date and when I PM Cassie she said middle. But now it is August 1st week. The other doors are great but I really need a light full coverage door I can put in half and full for mode when needed and still be able to store the top half easily. They are going to be as Bestop said on their phone hold message " The Bees Knees"
Yea, they definitely look awesome, and I'll probably pick them up during the winter to have them on for next summer. When you get yours, though, maybe you can tell us what kind of mirrors you use with them? That's the big question I have right now, because the door hinges will be taken up with the doors. I guess we'll have to go with some of those (more expensive) brands that mount on the pillars.

My other conundrum is: Do I get these or wait/hope for core doors? lol

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Yea, they definitely look awesome, and I'll probably pick them up during the winter to have them on for next summer. When you get yours, though, maybe you can tell us what kind of mirrors you use with them? That's the big question I have right now, because the door hinges will be taken up with the doors. I guess we'll have to go with some of those (more expensive) brands that mount on the pillars.

My other conundrum is: Do I get these or wait/hope for core doors? lol
I am thinking the mirrors that go on the windshield hinge.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Also, people who get these soon: Let us know how they do in rain, including downpours. I've seen some JK people saying these things can let in a lot of water, so I'm curious.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Has bestop given us any feedback on mirrors? Yeah the doors are cool but they’re useless in CA without mirrors.