Bestop 2 piece Soft Doors

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
I'm measuring the inside of the Tuffy enclosure at 39.5 inches wide and the depth to that weird hump on the tailgate/rear door at 27 inches,

I'm measuring the door at 37 inches wide and the lower portion of the door at 27 inches tall.

The width will fit but the height will be super close unless I angle the door up (or if the door isnt 27 inches tall cause my guess may be wrong.
Sponsored

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
So just drove 200 miles with them yesterday, frankly I think it is quieter with top and doors off... The fronts really flap against the metal framing, which would have been avoided had Bestop added internal straps.sleeves to secure to the inner framing. I had to buy floaty/noodles and cut then slide over the internal framing to reduce the flapping. The other issue is the fabric is not taught allowing about 2" movement of the fabric in and out, hence the flapping. Even at low speeds noise is an issue, Another issue I found was at highway speeds the uppers catch wind and want to bend outwards creating significant gaps around the tops of the doors,
I have heard this same story at least a dozen times which tells you the product is defective. Why Besttop isn't making a change to fix these issues is anyone's guess...especially for what they are charging for these, they should be embarrassed.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have heard this same story at least a dozen times which tells you the product is defective. Why Besttop isn't making a change to fix these issues is anyone's guess...especially for what they are charging for these, they should be embarrassed.
bestop did give me 50% off (refund via Northridge whom I purchased from) so that eased the pain. At that price they are a decent value

Sponsored

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
bestop did give me 50% off (refund via Northridge whom I purchased from) so that eased the pain. At that price they are a decent value
Unfortunately that discount isn't into play. Even then it's still a defective product. They need to redesign something or add designed snaps/straps to hold the door closed. And what's with all this adjust for as much as some people say an inch gap in the seals? There should be next to no adjusting. The doors are all the same dimensions. A rig should be made for when these are manufactured so they know they are to right size and shape Besttop has really taken a step backwards and exactly why Jeep is dumping them with the next model.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Unfortunately that discount isn't into play. Even then it's still a defective product. They need to redesign something or add designed snaps/straps to hold the door closed. And what's with all this adjust for as much as some people say an inch gap in the seals? There should be next to no adjusting. The doors are all the same dimensions. A rig should be made for when these are manufactured so they know they are to right size and shape Bestop has really taken a step backwards and exactly why Jeep is dumping them with the next model.
That was not a discount that was a negotiation based upon the issues I had with their doors. I am in them $600 which is about what they are worth.

OP
OP
UrbanRogue

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sadly it's the same design they had with the JK. I had the JKU ones and they flapped a lot. I made my own straps for the tops. You would think after this long they would have figure it out. Been contemplating since I got my JLUR but I can't justify almost $2000 CDN for these when they still flap enuf to annoy you.

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Sadly it's the same design they had with the JK. I had the JKU ones and they flapped a lot. I made my own straps for the tops. You would think after this long they would have figure it out. Been contemplating since I got my JLUR but I can't justify almost $2000 CDN for these when they still flap enuf to annoy you.

I'm with you. Absolutely not for that price. Another company that is competent needs to come in and make these doors and even start making tops. Besttop is taking advantage of owning the market and shoving junk on us.
Sponsored