Sponsored

Bestop 2 piece Soft Doors

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Got my doors!

Loving them so far. Only small issue is the door tether. It is like the piece they give you is too short, and the metal ring is too small in diameter for the bolt it goes on. Fronts only so far.

I would be great if them came assembles, but putting them together was easy.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Very curious as how they hold up to rain and high speeds. I'm very close to pulling the trigger but haven't really seen a practical review.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
@ps2baseball
Awesome! Have they been tested through any big rain storms yet? Any crazy flapping at highway speeds?

So just drove 200 miles with them yesterday, frankly I think it is quieter with top and doors off... The fronts really flap against the metal framing, which would have been avoided had Bestop added internal straps.sleeves to secure to the inner framing. I had to buy floaty/noodles and cut then slide over the internal framing to reduce the flapping. The other issue is the fabric is not taught allowing about 2" movement of the fabric in and out, hence the flapping. Even at low speeds noise is an issue, Another issue I found was at highway speeds the uppers catch wind and want to bend outwards creating significant gaps around the tops of the doors,

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Anyone with these doors happen to have a Tuffy Security enclosure? Can they be stored in the tuffy?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Anyone with these doors happen to have a Tuffy Security enclosure? Can they be stored in the tuffy?
I have the Slipstream enclosure which has no side walls like the Tuffy, it will be close. there is less than an inch to spare side to side. but I can get all 4 in along with my soft top windows and bag.

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for that info, even if it isn't exactly what I wanted to hear! I bet they won't fit in the Tuffy, unless I find a way to modify mounting points for the side walls.
I have the Slipstream enclosure which has no side walls like the Tuffy, it will be close. there is less than an inch to spare side to side. but I can get all 4 in along with my soft top windows and bag.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Thank you for that info, even if it isn't exactly what I wanted to hear! I bet they won't fit in the Tuffy, unless I find a way to modify mounting points for the side walls.
In our JKs they fit perfectly, can't say I've been able to try this in a JL yet though.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop
could you provide me with measurements of the lower portion of the door?

thank you,
Hi Lewis,
I don't have one of the doors near me right now to measure, but it's going to be a match to the door opening. You could measure the width of your door opening and the height from the bottom sill to the tub line. This should be a very good indicator. Will this get you taken care of?

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Lewis,
I don't have one of the doors near me right now to measure, but it's going to be a match to the door opening. You could measure the width of your door opening and the height from the bottom sill to the tub line. This should be a very good indicator. Will this get you taken care of?

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I sorta guessed at the measurements by doing that but I couldnt tell exactly what the width and height was. I'll do that again and compare it to the tuffy and see what I come up with.

I just don't want to take a chance on buying these (specially if I'm guessing at measurements) and they not fit in the Tuffy enclosure. For these things to be useable for me, I feel like I need to have them in the Jeep at all times so I can stop and put them on quickly in a rainstorm. And I don't want to be paranoid all the time about them being stolen if I can't put them in the Tuffy.
Sponsored