Bestop 2 piece Soft Doors

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
How are these doors with the top off? Do they have enough of an "edge" to comfortably rest your arm?
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Fair enough. Ordered. Now waiting on ETAs from CS e-mail. Any idea? Per the rebates I will need the UPC codes be a certain date. I also had to order the header for the bikini from another dealer as your site wouldn't let me. It'd just be so nice to have this all come at once, as they all are dependent on other parts.
@ps2baseball I completely get where you're coming from and I wish we were in a position to offer all the parts you want at once to be shipped to you at one time, unfortunately we just aren't there right now. As for the UPC submission for the rebates, we'll work with you on the timing. We know that in some cases your product will arrive later than the submission date for the rebates and we're happy to work with you in these cases. Please coordinate that with our CS after you hear back from the ETAs.
Thanks for the order and I hope your doors come very soon.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
How are these doors with the top off? Do they have enough of an "edge" to comfortably rest your arm?
@ZeroTrev These doors are a ton of fun in my opinion, and have a lot of strengths. A comfortable place to rest your arm is not one of them. The upside to that is their thin profile makes them easy to stack in the back of the Jeep or garage.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
@ps2baseball I completely get where you're coming from and I wish we were in a position to offer all the parts you want at once to be shipped to you at one time, unfortunately we just aren't there right now. As for the UPC submission for the rebates, we'll work with you on the timing. We know that in some cases your product will arrive later than the submission date for the rebates and we're happy to work with you in these cases. Please coordinate that with our CS after you hear back from the ETAs.
Thanks for the order and I hope your doors come very soon.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Yeah, I just don't now why the site is messed up. The Duster Deck Cover says "Ships Late April", and it is late May. But the channel needed for the DDC is in stock and is shipping.

Customer Service said there is no date on the DDC and bikini because of COVID. They did e-mail me back. Then the channel needed for the bikini says out of stock and has a box to put your e-mail in to be notified. The front and rear doors have two entirely different descriptions. And I am told the doors will be mid/late June. Why not just update the site so it is consistent and accurate? I would think it would take 2 seconds and save you guys from having to answer questions.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Yeah, I just don't now why the site is messed up. The Duster Deck Cover says "Ships Late April", and it is late May. But the channel needed for the DDC is in stock and is shipping.

Customer Service said there is no date on the DDC and bikini because of COVID. They did e-mail me back. Then the channel needed for the bikini says out of stock and has a box to put your e-mail in to be notified. The front and rear doors have two entirely different descriptions. And I am told the doors will be mid/late June. Why not just update the site so it is consistent and accurate? I would think it would take 2 seconds and save you guys from having to answer questions.
@ps2baseball Please PM me your address, I'd like to send you something for giving us your business and being patient while we're working through this COVID challenge and getting you your parts. And being from Boston doesn't hurt.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I think I may just wait for core doors. If they get nixxed or something I may go with cloth doors.

Do you have any update on the core doors,

Also thanks for the honest opinion.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I think I may just wait for core doors. If they get nixxed or something I may go with cloth doors.

Do you have any update on the core doors,

Also thanks for the honest opinion.
I can't say they're nixxed but I also can't even begin to give an ETA. They're going to be a ways out.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I know we have some scattered impressions throughout the thread, but now that quite a few people have them, if anybody could take the time to sit down and give a thorough review I'd really appreciate it.

I'm back to seriously considering getting a front pair because the core doors seem further and further away, 2022 at the earliest if I had to guess based on what Bestop has been saying.

How exactly is the weather fitting? Are these things going to keep my car dry during a downpour/driving in a stiff rain, or will water be streaming in from the top?

How bad is the noise when driving 60mph or faster? How bad is the flapping at those speeds? In other words, are these things really practical beyond offroading and town driving? (I guess noise doesn't matter too much when I already have my soft top down lol but you know what I mean.)

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
New Member here, first post. I have a 2018 JLU (really my wife's...) that I purchased the soft doors for back in Sept of 2019. I finally received them in March with the intentions of running them all summer, however, my wife doesn't like them and refuses to drive the jeep with them on... I should have know better but what can you do.

Anyway, I have a set of 4 (black twill) that I am selling, they've been installed once for me to test fitment but the jeep was never driven with them on. I'm willing to take $1000 for the set if anyone is interested. Local pick-up would be be preferred, not sure I could ship as I do not have the original boxes. See pictures attached - located on Long Island, NY.

IMG_20200517_171609.jpg

IMG_20200517_171619.jpg
New Member here, first post. I have a 2018 JLU (really my wife's...) that I purchased the soft doors for back in Sept of 2019. I finally received them in March with the intentions of running them all summer, however, my wife doesn't like them and refuses to drive the jeep with them on... I should have know better but what can you do.

Anyway, I have a set of 4 (black twill) that I am selling, they've been installed once for me to test fitment but the jeep was never driven with them on. I'm willing to take $1000 for the set if anyone is interested. Local pick-up would be be preferred, not sure I could ship as I do not have the original boxes. See pictures attached - located on Long Island, NY.

IMG_20200517_171609.jpg

IMG_20200517_171619.jpg
hello,
Are the doors still available? Thanks, Gregg

Sponsored

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara