DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Did you see my earlier post today? It's not long lasting but it might help.

You can always private message us as well. ;)

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Now they are getting close, but still over $1k after tax. I paid under $800 for my JK doors a few years ago, so it is heading in the right direction!

Thanks for putting that deal up!

I know they are great doors. I've loved having them on the JK. They are one of my favorite mods because they allow you to go far from home with doors off, eliminating the worry of rain or a cool weather patch.

That's an unbiased review, btw, for whoever cares.
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Anybody in PA have these on their JK and have any issues with police? (PA doesn't allow you to take your doors off, technically, and people have even been pulled over for tube doors. It's drastically different depending on where in PA you live and/or how the officer is feeling that day lol)

melbyek

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Anybody in PA have these on their JK and have any issues with police? (PA doesn't allow you to take your doors off, technically, and people have even been pulled over for tube doors. It's drastically different depending on where in PA you live and/or how the officer is feeling that day lol)
How lame. I'm a retired out-of-state police officer living in PA and I just ordered the Bestop soft doors for my JL about an hour ago. I will ask around with some local PA cops I have met, but I would be embarrassed as a police officer to hassle someone over Jeep doors. Unless your kids are climbing around in the back unbuckled with the doors off, I mean.... it's a Jeep!

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
How lame. I'm a retired out-of-state police officer living in PA and I just ordered the Bestop soft doors for my JL about an hour ago. I will ask around with some local PA cops I have met, but I would be embarrassed as a police officer to hassle someone over Jeep doors. Unless your kids are climbing around in the back unbuckled with the doors off, I mean.... it's a Jeep!
Yea, it's definitely a bummer. Certain areas are way more strict. We've been trying to get the rules changed for a long time, now. There's a thread about it on this forum and some other jeep forums.

Let me know if you hear anything asking around with the local cops, I'd be really interested to hear what they say about it.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Now they are getting close, but still over $1k after tax. I paid under $800 for my JK doors a few years ago, so it is heading in the right direction!

Thanks for putting that deal up!

I know they are great doors. I've loved having them on the JK. They are one of my favorite mods because they allow you to go far from home with doors off, eliminating the worry of rain or a cool weather patch.

That's an unbiased review, btw, for whoever cares.
I've not heard of any additional sales or rebates that will apply to the fabric doors in the coming months, but I can understand waiting. If/when we have something that applies specifically to the doors down the road, I'll post something up about them. :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like some of NY is spilling over into PA. Soon, you won't be able to buy a large Coke. Holy cow!

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Great review. How about one for the rear doors? I'm really looking forward to the rear door installation video.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Sounds like some of NY is spilling over into PA. Soon, you won't be able to buy a large Coke. Holy cow!
Yea, it's lame. When I go on vacation up in New England that's the time I get to take my doors off without constantly being afraid of getting pulled over. I live in a pretty jeep-heavy area, and the cops around here don't exactly have a reputation for pulling jeeps over just for no doors, but if you ask them about it (and I've asked a few), they will say that having no doors is technically against the law in PA.

Well, VERY technically speaking it's part of the vehicle code, not an actual law, but in the last decade or so the cops have started becoming aggressive in pulling people over for it.

I think it's ridiculous and should be a common-sense thing. If mean, I could see not allowing it on huge highways where you're flying at 75+ mph, but for towns and roads 55mph or under, I really don't get it. What's not helping is that the JL manual explicitly states that the doors-off functionality is for off-road purposes, only, so that makes it a lot harder to argue.

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I found out last night that the instructions for the rear doors was wrong, and that it directed you to put the door latches on the wrong side. I sent photos and asked for help, the only direction that I received was to bend the doors, as they would not fit directly from the factory. I'm so very disappointed.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I just install the front and rear soft doors from Bestop. Bestop has been helpful via email helping me with some install questions.

The front doors fit but do have a few areas the rubber seal doesn’t seal completely. The bottom front area does have some air coming in and the seals are tight in some places and do nothing in others. The door straps are too short and I had to install the strap on the inner bolt instead of the outer one.

The rear doors, as @americonium mentioned have incorrect instructions. You need to install the right door handle on the left door and vise versa. They do work once installed that way. This will allow for the door to latch properly. This is the exact same way the doors for the JK’s are installed. The rear door straps are useless.

I do feel the doors are high quality and are a great product. Once Bestop produces proper instruction and install videos, most people will have very little problems to install these doors.

540905DD-FDAC-4C15-9281-98DE1038F6CF.jpeg

07CDFBC0-7B46-44EC-905D-30A13E11C092.jpeg

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
They look awesome, man. Are those the twill? Also, what mirrors?

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
They look awesome, man. Are those the twill? Also, what mirrors?
Thanks, they are twill. They aren’t perfect but will look great with my soft top installed.

The mirrors are from Lange, coyote style mirrors. MJL-800. With the doors off or with the windows removed they work perfectly. With the windows installed the driver side works but the passenger side, I can’t see at all.
I wanted a mirror that was not installed on the door so the doors can still be stored easily and keep their minimal look.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I had to return a set from my jk for the issues you described. Seals didn't really do much and back then I only paid 300ish for the bottoms. For the price of these I'd expect the seal to be tight all around.
Sponsored