Best & Worst Aftermarket Brands for JL

Crux

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0D JLUR ordered
As the title dictates -- I am seriously contemplating a move from a 4R to a JLUR.

Holy options on the JL from aftermarket providers...

I need help.

Can someone please provide input on the best aftermarket parts providers for Jeep?

And specifically, which companies to avoid?

Ideally a list of US aftermarket part manufacturers...

If this has been posted elsewhere please send me the link and I'll close this thread. Cannot find one.

Thanks
Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Anything "Bestop" Especially if you are contemplating a HT. The Bestop "Sunrider for Hardtop", it replaces your removable panels and makes open air riding so much easier than taking off panels and storing or leaving them home! I had 2 JKU's one with two top option which didn't make me crazy. Second JKU just HT w/panels sure wish I'd gotten a "Sunrider" for that!

If you'll be a soft top person and live where it's void of rain most of your good weather days than ignore this advise. I am a HT guy and live in the N.E. climate so this is so perfect!

Good Luck and Go Jeep!!!

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
As the title dictates -- I am seriously contemplating a move from a 4R to a JLUR.

Holy options on the JL from aftermarket providers...

I need help.

Can someone please provide input on the best aftermarket parts providers for Jeep?

And specifically, which companies to avoid?

Ideally a list of US aftermarket part manufacturers...

If this has been posted elsewhere please send me the link and I'll close this thread. Cannot find one.

Thanks
For many reasons Matt --no fault directed at you--this question has so many answers for so many reasons: none particular right or wrong.

There are brands that larger groups of us tend to agree make quality (or not quality) stuff but either list is too long to mention.

Still more, the categories of options, from LED headlights to cargo door reinforcements (and everything in between) are just so utterly vast, let alone the exponentially greater number of products that are in these categories.

I think that most of us feel that Quadratec is a reputable place to go for such gear, although there are many other decent sights just like it, and you can bet people have horror stories, and have found gear cheaper elsewhere on any such sites.

Anything you get from FCA (i.e. MOPAR) is going to be a mixed blessing. Expect things to fit correctly (which isn't to say quality after market vendor's stuff doesn't) but that you're apt to find better value from other vendors.

Are there specific areas in which you see yourself effecting mods that might allow us to narrow down our opinions for you? If not, I say, tongue-in-cheek, this link might (recursively) be a starting point:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com

: - )

Last edited:

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Matt, it might also be useful if you disclose your price points...

* e.g. (I seek roof racks under $1500, or $200).

* I want to do mod x, but please know I also intend I doing mod y down the road should that affect your guidance on mod x.

* This is my budget, here is what I want to do. How should I prioritize it?

And by the way, if you have none of these answers yet that's perfectly okay.

The closest synonyms in this forum are "modding" and "owning." It's an ongoing process where we research, contemplate, sometimes buy, sometimes regret, sometimes do over, sometimes are perfectly ecstatic about (initially, and then maybe we change our vision).

Sponsored

OP
OP

Crux

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0D JLUR ordered
Front and rear bumpers that will fit well and hold up well over time

Lift kits for CO/UT

Those would be the first two priorities. Willing to cry once in order to buy once as it relates to price.

In the 4R community it’s easy to figure out who is good and who is not. Jeep confuses me because the prices for aftermarket are so much lower, generally speaking, that it’s hard for me to ascertain of that speaks to quality, or volume, or both.

Edit: should be evident but maybe not — looking to wheel a lot. Not a mall crawler. Thanks.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Lift kits for CO/UT

Those would be the first two priorities. Willing to cry once in order to buy once as it relates to price.

In the 4R community it’s easy to figure out who is good and who is not. Jeep confuses me because the prices for aftermarket are so much lower, generally speaking, that it’s hard for me to ascertain of that speaks to quality, or volume, or both.

Edit: should be evident but maybe not — looking to wheel a lot. Not a mall crawler. Thanks.
LOD makes incredible bumpers. Look at Rock Krawler or Metalcloak for a lift.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Lift kits for CO/UT

Strap it in: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-aftermarket-bumper-list-jl-jlu-wrangler.2824/

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
OK - gotta ask - what is a "4R"?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Crux

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0D JLUR ordered
Yea my bad 4Runner

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I have not had good experience with flowmaster did not fit, poor welds rugged ridge can be iffy in quality honestly though there are a LOT of really good aftermarket manufacturers for Jl’s ARB, Lod, Metalcloak, AEV, Skyjacker, Warn, Smittybuilt, Rancho, Superchips, Bushwacker, Daystar etc.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have not had good experience with flowmaster did not fit, poor welds rugged ridge can be iffy in quality honestly though there are a LOT of really good aftermarket manufacturers for Jl’s ARB, Lod, Metalcloak, AEV, Skyjacker, Warn, Smittybuilt, Rancho, Superchips, Bushwacker, Daystar etc.
Hmm. My Flowmaster fit perfectly. I can't agree with a good portion of your list.

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm. My Flowmaster fit perfectly. I can't agree with a good portion of your list.
That’s ok you don’t have too different people have different experiences with manufacturers I was just stating that I didn’t have a good one with flowmaster but I’m glad you did quality can range from product to product as well just my opinion happy jeeping :like:
Sponsored

Last edited: