Sponsored

Best Wiring route from Dome light to aux wiring bundle under Right passenger dash

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I need suggestions for how to route power wiring from dome light area to the aux switch wiring bundle under right front dash. Currently I have the wiring going to the dome light, but I don't like that, and I want to extend that wiring to connect instead to the auxillary 3 switch wire interior wire bundle. If I extend the wire from LED light (now at the dome light) to the passenger side of the sound bar, should I then run wiring down the door frame or go forward to windshield above the front door and then down to the wiring bundle location?

I don't like how the browlee light bar on rear windshield behaves with power from the dome light. I want to use a switch. I saw others installed switches close to the tailgate for this purpose, but I thought of using the aux switches.

thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Jcarrig3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
I did this and just ran the wire down the sound bar and under the trim panels that are under the passenger side doors. The trim pieces along the floor pop out easily and it seems that it would be much easier than running the wire down from the windshield and behind the dash,

Also, depending on how you wire the lights, you may want to install a diode to prevent electricity from backfeeding and turning on the dome light when you use the aux switch or causing other electrical issues. I went with this type of diode and it works well. https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Roadmaster/RM-790.html

OP
OP
Akbill

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
thanks, I found diode on amazon, it is the rm-792, shipping is free there to my location.
OK I will wire it that way. where did you locate your diode with your install?

Jcarrig3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
I tucked the diode in an open spot behind the plastic trim of the sound bar, near the dome light.
Sponsored