Best wheel spacers ! ?????

KCGreenMachine

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep rubicon jl
I’m thinking of adding spacers to my jl rubicon I’ve heard good and bad things about spacers. I want your guys opinion about your experiences and if you have spacers, what with did you go with. If your have pic that would be awesome and what’s the best kind between the slide and the bolt on and the best brands of spacers in your opinion ? I need all the information I can get before making my decision
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
You need a minimum 1.75 inch wide spacer or else you will have to cut your stock lugs.

Spidertrax and Synergy are both top brands. I went with Synergy because they're $60 cheaper for a set than Spidertrax.

OP
OP
KCGreenMachine

KCGreenMachine

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep rubicon jl
You need a minimum 1.75 inch wide spacer or else you will have to cut your stock lugs.

Spidertrax and Synergy are both top brands. I went with Synergy because they're $60 cheaper for a set than Spidertrax.
Thanks for that. , I was wondering because I have see some videos of people cutting their Lugs. And I would never !!! Lol

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
1.5" will work on Rubicon wheels... maybe others. there's a pocket that the stud that sticks out of the spacer will fit in on the back of the wheel.

I didn't like the look of the spacers on stock rubicon wheels and my stubby steel bumper. You saw too much of what the wheel covered up behind the front wheel. I also felt it steered differently with the different scrub radius. I guess that's why when I upgraded, I went with wider wheels with a positive offset (17x8.5 +25)

Last edited:

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Spidertrax was my choice, But stick with any quality USA made manufacture. One thing North America still does is make good metal products.

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Thanks for that. , I was wondering because I have see some videos of people cutting their Lugs. And I would never !!! Lol
I might have a before and after picture that I can work on posting tomorrow.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Borah is another quality brand made in house and are hubcentric

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

I may need spacers for the wheels that I like to fit properly, but 1.75” is too much. Why can’t I simply remove the stock wheel studs abd install shorter ones rather than cut them off and then use a 1” adapter? Is this not a thing with Jeeps?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I may need spacers for the wheels that I like to fit properly, but 1.75” is too much. Why can’t I simply remove the stock wheel studs abd install shorter ones rather than cut them off and then use a 1” adapter? Is this not a thing with Jeeps?
I don't see why you couldn't if you had a hydraulic press. But I don't think it's a very common practice. Plus studs are a major pain in the ass to remove and install. I've seen people run half inch spacers before that simply sandwich between the wheel and hub. That's could be option depending on how much space you need.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
That's an interesting idea, I hadn't thought of that approach. I too want to add spacers, but very subtly. I think 1" would be ideal.

The stock wheels have pockets in the back of the wheel where the stock studs can poke into. People are running 1.5" spacers just fine, and I think you could go to 1.25" and be OK. But your thought to pound out the studs to put in shorter ones hadn't crossed my mind.

I have pounded out studs to put longer ones in so I could use non-offset spacers. It was easy enough, just a few taps with a little sledge hammer popped them out. But that was on a Toyota, not a Jeep. I'd like to hear other people's experiences with pounding out the studs. You might be able try pounding out one of your studs first to see how it goes, and if it works, then order your spacers.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
As far as I’m aware you can swap out studs on any wheel. I wouldn’t think a press would be required, just pound them out like ODDs said. At least that’s how I’ve done it on every other vehicle.

It’s just a question of whether the proper studs exist in the correct length and spacers of the correct thickness.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Bora will make you spacers of any quarter inch you like. I wouldn't think the studs would be hard to find, but it is worth doing the research.