Sponsored

Best way to stop a thief from towing your Jeep?

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Not 100% sure, but I've always heard that civilians aren't allowed to own/use weapons with calibers that are used by military or law enforcement (while the cartels use everything under the sun).
That may very well apply to citizens of Mexico, tourists may not be able to even possess those. One stray 22LR cartridge under your seat may get you arrested.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Yeah. National crime data are particularly befuddling, and always dynamic, though the worst five cities have been among the worst cities for at least two thirds of my life.

Small tweaks in law and other influences can have a profound impact too. In 1994 Oregon’s citizen-initiated “Ballot Measure 11“ overrode the Legislature and implemented a mandatory minimum sentencing structure for the most violent crimes. It ended Oregon’s imaginary sentencing and imposed certainty. It also eliminated “good time” for the most violent crimes, so a sentence of seven years started meaning seven years. As it turns out, lots of the pedophiles, rapists, and robbers are persistent, so if you incarcerate a few thousand of the worst of them it makes a difference. Less than two years after Measure 11 was implemented Oregon’s violent crime rate went from among the ten worst states to among the ten best.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

its this simple 2 wire shielded cable. Remove starter coil wire it to one wire and the other wire back to the coil. add a 50 cent toggle switch and hide it up under the dash or install it in the center consul might take an hour to do this

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
its this simple 2 wire shielded cable. Remove starter coil wire it to one wire and the other wire back to the coil. add a 50 cent toggle switch and hide it up under the dash or install it in the center consul might take an hour to do this
I did that many years ago in my first car but not to any car since. That car was old enough that it actually had a coil and no electronics. Most cars now have a lot of coils so its harder to find a single wire to interrupt, maybe the power to the fuel pump would be an easy one.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I did that many years ago in my first car but not to any car since. That car was old enough that it actually had a coil and no electronics. Most cars now have a lot of coils so its harder to find a single wire to interrupt, maybe the power to the fuel pump would be an easy one.
I splice it at the starter typically. pretty simply and you can tape and wire loom to match the factory stuff no one would ever know

trekster

First Name
Trekster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon Extreme Recon
I’ve been using The Club for years when I’m concerned about theft. It locks on your steering wheel so the wheel can’t be turned. I guess thieves could still tow it or break the steering wheel but that would take more time and repairs.

5x5

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2020 JLU Willys Diesel, 2006 LJR
Boot a rear and front wheel. Can’t be towed frontwards or backwards.
LOL, you have never seen a repo wrecker. They have tire dollys that slide under the front tires for front wheel drive cars and hidden tow hooks that slide out of the bed of a regular looking truck. Can be hooked and gone in under 60 sec.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
I'm still voting for gated garage, or we'll placed .40 round. That or chain it to a pole, real heavy chain.

No one can defeat a tow truck unless you sit by it all night, sorry

There are some cool tracking devices but now you are talking big bucks and they know how to defeat all of them

Bottom line, don't make yours the one that stands out, if it does, stay with it.

Sponsored

XT Carol

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon 3.6L V6
We travel a lot and often park in hotel and motel lots. Is there anything that you do to make ulyour jeep harder to tow away?

I park between two vehicles, nose in first. Turn the wheels to full lock one direction, put the transfer case in 4low. This makes it very difficult to get it out of the parking spot and difficult to tow. Not saying these obstacles can’t be worked around, just saying it make the process way more difficult.

What strategies do you use to make your Jeep harder to be stolen?
I've read most of this thread and learned from the ideas. But a device I use for security in my remote campsites came to mind. I buy them from Amazon. They sense movement but not through glass AFAIK. But if a couple were set inside a Jeep, facing different directions, and one hung by a cord from the rearview mirror (thus moving if the Jeep were hit by another car), they will send a signal to the monitoring device. The signals have a range of 1/2-mile, as these are "driveway sensors". I put them up on trees and mounted to my RV, and if anything moves out there I am alerted to it. I keep the monitor beside the bed. They work well. So if someone entered your Jeep it would detect that movement, and if it was being hooked to a vehicle to be towed (thus shaking the hanging sensor), either would awaken you in your hotel room. Both sensors and the monitor are battery powered/rechargeable, so completely portable. At least if anything was going on with your Jeep you'd know it. That's when the "Glock option" would begin.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GNSNRW4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I had my brand new 22 Rubicon stolen last March.

Was lucky enough to get another 22 Rubin in June.

I learned my lesson and had an immobilizer installed.

I also use the club on the steering and wheel and another on the brake.

I know it is overkill but I subscribed to xm guardian and I put 2 ipod trackers
Sponsored