OP

JackieK

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
At risk of sounding inappropriate in today's sensitive age.

Woman OWNED is not a plus. Woman driven can be if somebody else is looking after care and maintenance. Sure there are exceptions to every stereotype. I would simply remove that sentence and the one about the salt water exposure.

When I sell my wife's cars I do indicate she drove them, not me. But that my father, a tech, maintained them.

Majority of the time, your buyer on the private market will be a man or a man shopping for a woman. Understand how they think. I've sold about a dozen cars and the buyer was always a man.

Good luck with your sale, the jeep presents well, the pictures should do the talking for you.
Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it!
Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Carvana is my goto. I sold my ordered '21 Sport to them 2 months after I got it for like 6K more than I paid for it.

As of Monday, they are offering me $1,800 more for my '22 Sport S than I paid for it 5 months and 12,000 mile ago.
$200 more and I'm letting them have it.

I *almost* fell for the KBB instant cash offer scam. Research that before you give them your info, it's not good.

And be advised you will not get offered anywhere near what KBB says when the dealers bid.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Carvana is my goto. I sold my ordered '21 Sport to them 2 months after I got it for like 6K more than I paid for it.

As of Monday, they are offering me $1,800 more for my '22 Sport S than I paid for it 5 months and 12,000 mile ago.
$200 more and I'm letting them have it.

I *almost* fell for the KBB instant cash offer scam. Research that before you give them your info, it's not good.

And be advised you will not get offered anywhere near what KBB says when the dealers bid.
...and you'll receive constant calls from dealers low-balling you. At least that was my experience.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
do you still have the original window sticker? Showing what options it has and the final price on there would help since a lot of people think ā€œthey want 45k for a sport, no way!ā€. If it is optioned out for more than 45k, you have to show that. You also have to be extremely patient for a private buyer, if you are going that route. Otherwise, a dealer that SELLS JEEPS and knows them, is your best bet.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Also, this is definitely not a sellers market anymore. Donā€™t get me wrong, Jeeps still hold value, but realistically, you would be lucky to get around the price youā€™re looking from a dealer - they still want to make a good profit.

I sold my 2017 JKUR Recon for 43k back in February, with 49k miles. No way I would have gotten that now. The dealer I sold it to, still has it and they lowered the price to 39k - https://www.membercar.com/details-2...unlimited_rubicon-used-1c4bjwfg9hl687759.html

Sponsored

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
You're asking sticker on a used vehicle when there are dealers posting here that are offering below invoice on new.

Right now my best offers have come from Carmax, they came in at over $4k more than what Carvana offered me recently.

OP
OP

JackieK

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
You're asking sticker on a used vehicle when there are dealers posting here that are offering below invoice on new.

Right now my best offers have come from Carmax, they came in at over $4k more than what Carvana offered me recently.
Thanks, I overpaid on ā€œdealer installed optionsā€ but I suppose that is not anyone elseā€™s problem. I wonder why the KBB values are so out of whack? Gives a false sense of resale value (trade/private) for sure!

Deleted member 59498

Yeah those add-ons can get you sometimes. I would check local inventory at dealers see what they are selling new for and used. Get an idea of the market.

Surprised no one has low-balled you by now at least a few nibbles.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I have a 23 Willys JLU XR in production now, expecting/hoping for delivery in the next 30 days. Having said that I have an almost new 2022 JLU Sport S (towing, LED) 3,650 miles to sell/trade. I am confused that the Kelly Blue Book values seem to be way off. I have been trying to sell (Autotrader, Facebook Marketplace, craigslist, car gurus) and have almost no bites at >$2500 under KBB private party sale. What gives?
There's still a few months left in the same calendar year as the model year of the Jeep you want to sell. That's going to compel the buyers to wonder why you're selling it, and not all of them may bother to ask why (even if your 2023 JLU XR order is a bulletproof answer here.) This is one of the very few instances where low mileage can work against the seller, too.

Optics.

Pair all of the foregoing with the ability of those potential buyers to purchase a truly new Wrangler for about the same, or a little more, than what you'd need to get for your JLU Sport S, and you may have to consider accepting less than you'd prefer.

It's a matter of timing which, it must be said, can be fairly walked back to your desire to replace one new Jeep with another new one. :)

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
What I would do, and I don't know your financial situation. Is take the advice above about the post and maybe put in you are buying another new Jeep with a package that wasn't available to you when you purchased this one. Also drop the price to be in the 30's 39,995 or something. I know thats a huge drop from what you ere originally asking, but its still damn near 40 and psychologically a buyer has a different reaction to that than something in mid 40's. You also can get ahead of diminishing returns.

I think its fairly safe to say, prices are going down from their highs and rather than chase the selling spot lower, head it off at the pass and be done with it.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Thanks, I overpaid on ā€œdealer installed optionsā€ but I suppose that is not anyone elseā€™s problem. I wonder why the KBB values are so out of whack? Gives a false sense of resale value (trade/private) for sure!
KBB was late to the game when the market got way out of wack, its not surprising they are late to the correction. Ive been using Carmax's trade calculator as a starting point for a while as it has been the most consistent for me.

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
A lot of good recommendations here. I'll offer up a few more:

1) Look at similar inventory locally to determine how your pricing compares

2) See if you can expand your marketing beyond your local area. Typically anything within 2-4 hours should be fair game and may drive further inquiries (other cities on craigslist, dealerships, etc.)

3) Understand what you're willing to accept. If the economics of your sale doesn't make sense then maybe you forgo the delivery of your 23? If you really want your 23 and are OK with selling for $3-6k below your purchase price, execute your first reasonable offer.

4) Don't know who your purchase dealer is but see if they can value your jeep competitively, especially if you stand to benefit from a tax perspective.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
You have a Jeep less than 10 months old and you ordered a newer one..... ??? (wanted the purple ? - I do understand, as we were pink people)
Sorry, probably needed to have a contract with the dealer when you ordered your new Jeep - generally, yeah, now he's gonna screw you as bad as he can since it wasn't inked correctly in the first place and he will hope like hell you will sign anything when the shiny new one rolls in or at least that you'll feel you don't have a choice. He's not gonna be your guy here for sure
On the other hand, yeah.... just because the used car market was insane for a couple years doesn't mean they didn't come to their senses and realize the simple fact - Your '22 is now a used car and not worth new car prices
Retards bought used and paid more than new for sure because slick willy told them they had no choice
Get the most you can for it and move on, enjoy your '23 till the hover Jeep 28's come out and be happy
There were people that got much more than they should have for used cars but most dealers and individuals still had brain function and offered real money and dealers are dealers regardless of the fantasy stories of offering 20k above original msrp on 5 yr old 600k cars with the doors falling off
Enjoy your new ride :jk:
Sponsored