Best way to remove dealer sticker?

Zukoda

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Condition of sale whenever I purchase a vehicle. No stickers of any kind...
Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
What most people don't really know is that it isn't usually the dealer that applies these decals/badges. The majority of the time they are added as part of the prep/inspection at the port prior to the vehicle getting loaded onto a rail car or truck for delivery to the dealership. I have a friend who does this as part of his job.
So you're saying the port has 1000s of different dealer stickers ready to apply before they get loaded up for delivery? I don't see how that's remotely possible or feasible.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I just use my Harbor Freight heat gun on low for about 20 seconds, about 1 foot away from decal. They peel right off after that. Hair dryer works too. Any residual sticky shit, Goo Gone or WD-40 takes care of that.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
We've had to do that same thing in the past....Telling them to remove sticker upon delivery. In that case our salesman was mad because he said he told them no sticker but they didn't listen lol.

For the life of me I can't understand why anybody would think it's a good idea to go putting stickers on a car. At least change these things to easily removable, small vinyl window stickers or something where people can leave them on if they want or easily take them off.

My Jeep came with one, as I was so excited and missed it!! An hour in the sun and it peeled off!
However, as you say, to me it’s a condition of the sale, if you do a good job I’ll tell people about you. We once bought an Infiniti, and in between test driving and taking delivery, while signing the paperwork, they added their sticker as a part of the delivery prep. Much to their surprise (after I had made it clear to the sales guy) I made them take it back to the detail area and remove their sticker before I would take delivery of it.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
I was even able to perfectly remove the "4 Wheel Drive" sticker off the back of my new Willys. That one wasn't so easy, but the heat gun method works. A little WD-40 after, and all is good.
Not sure what the infatuation with advertising 4WD is about, but especially on a Wrangler.

G.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So you're saying the port has 1000s of different dealer stickers ready to apply before they get loaded up for delivery? I don't see how that's remotely possible or feasible.
I didn't say that exactly. But yes, the various ports have and apply dealer stickers for various (not all or 1000s) dealerships as part of a vehicle prep process. Why would I say that I have a friend who does this, if he didn't?

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I was even able to perfectly remove the "4 Wheel Drive" sticker off the back of my new Willys. That one wasn't so easy, but the heat gun method works. A little WD-40 after, and all is good.
Not sure what the infatuation with advertising 4WD is about, but especially on a Wrangler.

G.
Ha, and I added that same "4 Wheel Drive" decal to my Sport, I think it looks kinda neat :).

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
I always request upon purchase that there be no dealer stickers of any kind on my vehicle. I'm okay with the plastic license plates but that's it.

I'd really think in this day and age that dealers would be smart enough to not clutter up people's vehicles with these things.
Going off this and @jludave I did request that there not be any sort of stickers aka If there was one already on there or if they were going to put one on, I asked them to have it removed prior to me taking it home.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2018 CX-5, 2020 RAM 1500 BTS
Ha, and I added that same "4 Wheel Drive" decal to my Sport, I think it looks kinda neat :).
Same here! Removed dealer sticker with a heat gun then was like “that retro 4 wheel drive sticker would look good here...”

BE53922A-F185-4F5D-BB0D-BAB19AC9FC50.jpeg

Sponsored

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
The bottom line is; If you love it, it's great!!

G.

Ingram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Luckily, my local Jeep dealer doesn’t use stickers. But, they do a license plate frame and a custom spare tire cover with their logo on it. Both of which are easily changed.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
i can’t stand dealers that have these annoying looking decals. The white letter ones that are similar to pinstripe I can forgive, but this is just tacky.
When I was picking up my Jeep from the dealer when it came in from the custom order he asked if I wanted his sticker. I said no and they were cool and didn't put it on. I appreciated him asking me.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Same here! Removed dealer sticker with a heat gun then was like “that retro 4 wheel drive sticker would look good here...”

Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to remove dealer sticker? BE53922A-F185-4F5D-BB0D-BAB19AC9FC50
I like that decal, very retro Jeep. Where did you find it?
Sponsored