Sponsored

Best Way To Jump-Start with F42 Bypass (and Aux Negative Disconnected)

rhocking

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2.0T JLU Sport S
What is the best way to Jump-Start for a Jeep with F42 fuse removed and Aux negative cable disconnected?

Specifically I have a jumper/booster pack 1000A that notes foo for all gas and up to 6.5L diesel engines).

I am assuming red to red/positive terminal connector on battery, but is it best to connect black to body ground OR to negative terminal connection on battery OR to bolt that holds negative cable to the negative terminal connection?

Does this best method change if using jumper cables vs booster pack.
Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
What is the best way to Jump-Start for a Jeep with F42 fuse removed and Aux negative cable disconnected?

Specifically I have a jumper/booster pack 1000A that notes foo for all gas and up to 6.5L diesel engines).

I am assuming red to red/positive terminal connector on battery, but is it best to connect black to body ground OR to negative terminal connection on battery OR to bolt that holds negative cable to the negative terminal connection?

I have always connected both cables to the battery on my booster pack when I needed to jump it. Has only been 2 or 3 times but it never did any damage. The booster pack won't even work unless it detects the cables are the right polarity.

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara

Hey Rick:

The best way to Jump-Start is not dependent on whether Fuse 42 is yanked and the Aux negative cable is disconnected.

To rephrase that, there are situations in which I might suggest connecting your charging source to places other than that recommended by the maker of the Jump Starter, but such factors would not be dependent upon whether your batteries were hooked up as your described or as setup by the factory.

Your Jump Starter manufacturer for example might prefer that the negative cable goes to ground rather than the negative terminal of the main battery, or not--but such guidance remains the same regardless of factory or your setup.

Off topic, if was "on a desert island" with a limited power jump starter and factory dual batteries I might put the jumper starter on N1 and a freed Aux negative cable to charge only the Aux battery, which alone, adequately charged, can crank your JL.
Sponsored