Sponsored

Best way to hold your phone ( besides your hand )...

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I have to second the nomination for 67 Designs, though I went with their rail system for some more expansion in future. Beautiful and incredibly solid/stable. Pretty easy install.

fv0rEb1NSSm3wpic4ISUEQ.jpg

emhWcRJPRcCNOYEPGJ9ogg.jpg

The tougher part was eliminating the ugly dangling wire to the dash media port, which then keeps that cover flap open the whole time, which I hate. Took apart the dash and ran a USB cable from armrest socket up to the uconnect screen where it pops out at just the right spot.
Did you drill a hole in the arm rest to get the cord out?
Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
THis is an easy one. 67 Designs is the best option that is out there. It's more expensive than most, yes. But that's for many good reasons. IT will last longer and it's a superior design. Especially if you plan to offroad.

I have the Rail System from 67 Designs - which i mount my iPhone w/ the 67 Designs phone mount, a GoPro w/ the 67 Designs GoPro mount, and my iPad Mini (which i use a ram mount for the mount itself.

It works great and I've gone through a lot of other options prior to finding this one a couple years ago, and haven't looked at anything else because [most] of the rest is garbage and you either need to replace it soon, or offroading it's useless.

View attachment 226309

setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Bravo

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0, 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega CTD, 2019 Roadglide Special, 2015 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 2019 Skidoo Summit X 165, and 2018 Skidoo Summit X 154
I went with 67 Designs... just an iPhone mount... works great

Bravo

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This mount is in both my patrol car and my jeep. Has a magnet you stick on the phone. Extremely easy to mount and I've never had it fall off either in the jeep or running code in the squad car.

20190912_121329.jpg

Sponsored

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Did you drill a hole in the arm rest to get the cord out?
No, there's a gap at the top specifically for this purpose, so I chose to just use that. Yes, it violates my "no dangling wires" rule, but it's in a spot only I would ever see...

I may go back and put a hole in lower down and push it through there to make the install even cleaner, but so far I've had other mod priorities.

AwibWYNzTqG%KF5yNLxNeg.jpg

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
No, there's a gap at the top specifically for this purpose, so I chose to just use that. Yes, it violates my "no dangling wires" rule, but it's in a spot only I would ever see...

I may go back and put a hole in lower down and push it through there to make the install even cleaner, but so far I've had other mod priorities.

AwibWYNzTqG%KF5yNLxNeg.jpg
Thanks for the reply. I've been losing sleep over how to tackle all the electronics I run and all the clutter.

PS- Those seats are ridic! My wife wants some like it when she gets her Jeep.

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
THis is an easy one. 67 Designs is the best option that is out there. It's more expensive than most, yes. But that's for many good reasons. IT will last longer and it's a superior design. Especially if you plan to offroad.

I have the Rail System from 67 Designs - which i mount my iPhone w/ the 67 Designs phone mount, a GoPro w/ the 67 Designs GoPro mount, and my iPad Mini (which i use a ram mount for the mount itself.

It works great and I've gone through a lot of other options prior to finding this one a couple years ago, and haven't looked at anything else because [most] of the rest is garbage and you either need to replace it soon, or offroading it's useless.

View attachment 226309

setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg
That looks great. Two things - 1. Where are all your power cables? Did you run them inside the dash? 2. You've got some emails in your inbox. lol

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great. Two things - 1. Where are all your power cables? Did you run them inside the dash? 2. You've got some emails in your inbox. lol
Thanks!

1. So the power cables I am going to run behind the dash - i just haven't done it yet. So right now I have a cable (for the iPhone) that comes from the USB connection in the center console. Not ideal, but i'm kind of used to it, and the cable really doesn't get in the way, so that's why i haven't purchased a longer cable and then taken the dash apart to just run it through there. But yes, I will do that and when i do, I'll likely put a small opening right below the left air vent so that i can just pull the chord up a bit and plug it in with no chords showing. For the iPad, it's only there when i'm offroading on a trail or on a overland camping trip, and as much as i'd like to be able to offroad and overland full time, I can't. So for that one I just use the USB port that's just below the AC controls and run the cable right up to the iPad. I usually loop the cable a time or two on the grab bar so there's not much slack on the cable itself.

2. And yes, I did have some emails when I took that picture, in fact that picture is a little older, since i now have my new social media name and logo that i created that is different than what it was when i first started doing it, haha!

Cheers!

Sponsored

Zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to hold your phone ( besides your hand )... AwibWYNzTqG%KF5yNLxNe
Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to hold your phone ( besides your hand )... AwibWYNzTqG%KF5yNLxNe

Less than $50 for all on Amazon and under $2 for stainless bolt at Lowe's to match factory look.
Hey, do you have or recall the nomenclature on the plastic bag for the stainless Lowe's bolt? Thanks.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Thanks, David.

The reason I asked about the Lowe's bolt is because CMM has been totally incommunicado regarding phone calls and emails, where I intended to ask if they'd sell me their bolt a la carte. I've a box full of spare RAM parts (courtesy of my motorcycle habit), and don't want to pay a king's ransom for the CMM ball mount when I already own the name-brand product that they copied.

Still working out how to roll my own on this one.
Sponsored