Sponsored

Best way to hold your phone ( besides your hand )...

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
How is the angle for the base? Do you need to be able to adjust it with the MagicMount, or would a magnetic mount directly on the Savidicar base directly face the driver? I see this MagicMount that is flush, but with stronger magnets:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074K9VXV6/ref=emc_b_5_t?th=1
Sponsored

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
Does anyone have the face plate dimensions of the proclip? I would like to order a swivel magnetic mount at the same time without having to wait for the proclip mount to come in. Thanks

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I have to second the nomination for 67 Designs, though I went with their rail system for some more expansion in future. Beautiful and incredibly solid/stable. Pretty easy install.

fv0reb1nssm3wpic4isueq-jpg.jpg

emhwcrjprccnoyepgj9ogg-jpg.jpg

The tougher part was eliminating the ugly dangling wire to the dash media port, which then keeps that cover flap open the whole time, which I hate. Took apart the dash and ran a USB cable from armrest socket up to the uconnect screen where it pops out at just the right spot.
Pretty slick trick there with the cable. Just might have to give that a try sometime.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the face plate dimensions of the proclip? I would like to order a swivel magnetic mount at the same time without having to wait for the proclip mount to come in. Thanks
The standard ProClip mounting face is 3" wide x 2" high. It can mount at any point on the dash... First photo below is my phone mount, the second is a stock photo from ProClip USA for reference.

IMG_1695.JPG
ProClip standard mount.jpg

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
FYI...Proclip has 10% off through 8/16. BTS10.

Here’s where I stand on it so far. Definitely not a product review.

They really need to improve their inventory/stocking.

After placing the order late last week, I received an email saying orders would be processed in 1-3. Then a day later, I received another email saying they were waiting on another shipment from their supplier and it would be 1-10 days before it shipped. Honestly this is unacceptable in my opinion especially considering these time frames don’t include shipping.

Hopefully it’s worth the wait, but for those debating which mount to roll with you might take this into consideration.

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
Pro clip took forever with mine, but do love it. I did a magic mount with it. Just plop it on and sticks. Pull it off and good to go. When plugged in cord is not on my way at all.

I mount sideways, zero view obstruction. Use android auto so I have Google, and nav at my fingertips, while still having the stock 5 inch screen. Works perfectly.

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
Finally received my proclip dash mount and I really like it. I bought a strong magnet mount but I am getting too much vibration. The mounts are solid but I think the dash is transferring the vibrations through the dash mount. I had a cheap window mount that had less vibration. The longer arm resting on the dash seemed to dampen it.

Anyway here’s the setup for now. I will probably switch to a flat magnet mount to see if I have the same issue.

636C8891-81D0-4C21-80FF-98D693CD0B57.jpeg

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I'm going to sound like a cranky old fart but I keep my phone in my pocket.
Normally, so do I....well, actaully, in a belt holster. But occasionally I need to use a nav app, and the simple free one is Google Map on my phone (I have the base 5" media unit in my Jeep). That's the only time my phone is mounted.

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Had the Magic Mount in my JK and then in the JL and was ok with it, but every time I would take my phone off, the mount would move. Switched over to the 67 Designs and problem solved. There is no bouncing around of the phone while driving anymore either.

Waterloo

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray Sahara, 2006 Honda Pilot Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I use Android Auto. Plug phone in to front AUX port and leave phone down in the groove in front of shifter at the base of the front console.
Same.

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
This is my setup, i use the Carolina Metal Masters ball and the Ram mounts for the phone and ipad mini.
sturdy and keeps the phone away from me as i am against even looking at a phone while driving, plus this way the wires can also stay out of sight. the ipad isn't always in the jeep just for trips its good to have extra navi apps :)

img_8561.JPG

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
This is my setup, i use the Carolina Metal Masters ball and the Ram mounts for the phone and ipad mini.
sturdy and keeps the phone away from me as i am against even looking at a phone while driving, plus this way the wires can also stay out of sight. the ipad isn't always in the jeep just for trips its good to have extra navi apps :)

img_8561.JPG
I love your set up. Do you have any more pics that show the detail of how the phone is mounted? I have the CMM ball for my ipad as well.
Sponsored