First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
ok. Its been about 4/5 months and I have simply not come up with a way to accomplish that factory led "bar" look in LED fender lights. My jeep came with the halogen package and I am happy with my oracle bi led headlights but I really want the fender lights to have an led bar look to them similar to factory or something like American adventure labs highline lights. Ill look into anything at this point so just let me know
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Two weeks ago I replaced the turn signals on my Sahara with a takeoff LED set from a fellow forum member. I am very happy with the results. But it was the biggest PITA to do.

The best method for replacing these lights is to remove the front fenders entirely. The room in there is too limited to do the work with the fenders mounted.

Knowing what I know now, my advise is to search for a set of takeoff front fenders with the LED turn signals. Many Sahara and Rubicon owners replace their factory fenders with aftermarket ones; it’s a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Don’t forget that Gladiator Overland, Rubicon and Mojave share the exact same fenders and LEDs. That should help you expand your search.

Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
caleb_m00re

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Two weeks ago I replaced the turn signals on my Sahara with a takeoff LED set from a fellow forum member. I am very happy with the results. But it was the biggest PITA to do.

The best method for replacing these lights is to remove the front fenders entirely. The room in there is too limited to do the work with the fenders mounted.

Knowing what I know now, my advise is to search for a set of takeoff front fenders with the LED turn signals. Many Sahara and Rubicon owners replace their factory fenders with aftermarket ones; it’s a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Don’t forget that Gladiator Overland, Rubicon and Mojave share the exact same fenders and LEDs. That should help you expand your search.

Good luck.
this is what I had tried originally, but the sport fenders are different and do not fit take off leds from oem lighting packages:/

OP
OP
caleb_m00re

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
this is what I had tried originally, but the sport fenders are different and do not fit take off leds from oem lighting packages:/
That’s why I am saying to get the fenders with the LEDs, not just the LEDs.

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Oracle sells a switchback bulb. I have a set on the way. Look on their site. No resistor needed either.

OP
OP
caleb_m00re

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
That’s why I am saying to get the fenders with the LEDs, not just the LEDs.
oh I got it. Yeah thats the only option I see left. looking for them to come up is the only issue right now. any chance I could get the fenders right from mopar?

Sponsored

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
yeah Im running something similar currently
Gotcha. It’s gonna suffice for me. I’m splurging on lift/wheels/tires, and a set of RSE power steps. I’m gonna be more frugal on the rest of my build. So I decided to buy LED bulbs vs replace the entire headlight and foglight, DRL, etc.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
oh I got it. Yeah thats the only option I see left. looking for them to come up is the only issue right now. any chance I could get the fenders right from mopar?
Yes, but it isn’t worth it IMO. Not only will you pay through the nose, but you will need to order a million different parts.

Make it a deliberate project to find someone swapping the fenders on his/her Sahara/Rubicon; you’ll be surprised how relatively quickly you come across a set.

Also, check out Rubitrux. They sell customized JLs and have hundreds of OE parts for resale.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
you’ll be surprised how relatively quickly you come across a set.
It's harder than you think. I've been looking for Rubicon LED black fender takeoffs for a while. The problem is the shipping cost because of the size. You have to find someone local with exactly what you're looking for. I'm actually willing to buy new but some Mopar dealers want $150 or more just for shipping. Maybe I'll try a local Mopar dealer next.

Last edited:
OP
OP
caleb_m00re

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
It's harder than you think. I've been looking for Rubicon LED black fender takeoffs for a while. The problem is the shipping cost because of the size. You have to find someone local with exactly what your looking for. I'm actually willing to buy new but some Mopar dealers want $150 or more just for shipping. Maybe I'll try a local Mopar dealer next.
im having the same issue I am going to look into Rubitrux though
Sponsored