Sponsored

Best way to check for rear sway bar end link interference?

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I wonder what the real use case for these brackets are if one would still need adjustable endlinks anyways.
You don't "need" adjustable links, you just need the right length links for your 2" lift, but an easy way for you to be sure you get the right length is to get something adjustable.

The blocks can be really useful for clearance issues between the center of the bar, frame and components like the exhaust. It's a different issue than you seem to be having, and if you needed them you'd be able to see why pretty easily.
Sponsored

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The full effect of the too short track bar only presents itself when the axle is fully articulated and the axle is pulled sideways further than the best case compromise.

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
The full effect of the too short track bar only presents itself when the axle is fully articulated and the axle is pulled sideways further than the best case compromise.
Yeah that could cause some more fitment issues I would imagine, as these road imperfections are far from flexing it out. I have a video upload coming here in a few minutes to show you guys my findings on the track bar situation.

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Video

Click that link to see the video.

Now that I just rewatched it myself, I can see the potential benefit of longer endlinks too. It would push the largest part of the endlink (the part the bolt goes through) away from the crap bolted to the axle, and the axle itself.

So now the consideration would seem to be:
Adjustable rear track bar vs adjustable rear endlinks vs both

Additionally, the page for Synergy's rear adjustable endlinks states:
Compatible with stock wheels when used with Synergy 8886-02 Rear Sway Bar Drop Brackets.
That's making me think that I could possibly need both. Maybe I should start with the endlinks though...

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to check for rear sway bar end link interference? 8862-MAIN-D3-1200

If my track bar was too short, wouldn't it pull the axle to the passenger side? I can't seem to understand how lengthening it would pull it back towards the passenger side when the axle mount side is on the driver side. Am I thinking about that incorrectly?

I am thoroughly confused.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to check for rear sway bar end link interference? 8862-MAIN-D3-1200

If my track bar was too short, wouldn't it pull the axle to the passenger side? I can't seem to understand how lengthening it would pull it back towards the passenger side when the axle mount side is on the driver side. Am I thinking about that incorrectly?

I am thoroughly confused.
When you lift your rig, the front axle shifts to the drivers side and the rear axle shifts to the passenger side. If you use a track bar bracket it will re-center the axle up to 2.5” of lift.

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you lift your rig, the front axle shifts to the drivers side and the rear axle shifts to the passenger side. If you use a track bar bracket it will re-center the axle up to 2.5” of lift.
Ah, Synergy must have accidentally said it would shift to the driver side. Glad I'm understanding that correctly at least.

I don't think the bracket would be a good idea when working with this tight of tolerances though. The adjustable bar seems to be a better idea, yes? I assumed the bracket would be cheap, but they are almost the same price as the adjustable bar.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, Synergy must have accidentally said it would shift to the driver side. Glad I'm understanding that correctly at least.

I don't think the bracket would be a good idea when working with this tight of tolerances though. The adjustable bar seems to be a better idea, yes? I assumed the bracket would be cheap, but they are almost the same price as the adjustable bar.
The bracket will center your axle, but an aftermarket track bar will definitely be an upgrade, but you don’t need it to center the axle any better at 2”’of lift.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Keep in mind that under almost all cases the Trackbar length will be a best case compromise. The rear axle doesn't get pushed to far "driver" when the driver wheel is stuffed and it doesn't get pulled to far "passenger" when the drivers wheel droops. It's nice to have it "centered" at ride height, but that does not mean the side to side motions will be symmetrical when the axle flexes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bracket will center your axle, but an aftermarket track bar will definitely be an upgrade, but you don’t need it to center the axle any better at 2”’of lift.
Sounds like with that logic your recommendation would be the adjustable endlinks first?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind that under almost all cases the Trackbar length will be a best case compromise. The rear axle doesn't get pushed to far "driver" when the driver wheel is stuffed and it doesn't get pull to far "passenger" when the drivers wheel droops. It's nice to have it "centered" at ride height, but that does not mean the side to side motions will be symmetrical when the axle flexes.
What's your parts recommendation with all this in mind? Endlinks first? Then.....?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The length of the end links can determine whether they clear your wheels, so just watch that if you get significantly longer fixed ones.

Or just go back to stock if you aren’t hitting the shocks with the sway bar.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
What's your parts recommendation with all this in mind? Endlinks first? Then.....?
I have an all or nothing approach.

In your case I would get the sway bar links figured out before the track bar, but I'd only recommend the pieces parts approach because you are already knee deep.

Roky and Gator are going to have better parts selection advice than I can offer.

Good luck!

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talked to Synergy and ARB again today (I'm sure they hate me by now haha) and went ahead and ordered the Synergy adjustable RSB links based on the: "Compatible with stock wheels when used with Synergy 8886-02 Rear Sway Bar Drop Brackets." line they have at the bottom there.

Looks like stock RSB endlinks are about 9" and the Synergy ones are adjustable 10"-11". Hoping that will push the top of the endlink and the bar itself a bit further away from the control arm brackets.

I'll report back after I get those on.

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to check for rear sway bar end link interference? PXL_20220617_180716479

Got this part sorted at least. Taking it for a test ride later to confirm we are all good. There's definitely more space in between the control arm mount and the endlinks now.
Sponsored