Best way to carry extra gas?

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
$2,255 delivered + 8 to 10 hours to install. Did it myself.
20210401_191004.jpg
There is a concern that the LRA tank sits lower than the standard tank. Can you verify that? I could see that being an issue if you’re climbing rocks most of the time for sure, but it’s probably great for overlanders and people like me who live in mostly flat Michigan. 😁
Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
There is a concern that the LRA tank sits lower than the standard tank. Can you verify that? I could see that being an issue if you’re climbing rocks most of the time for sure, but it’s probably great for overlanders and people like me who live in mostly flat Michigan. 😁
It sits at the same level as stock fuel tank.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to carry extra gas? 20210401_191038

Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Good observation on your part. Yes, the tire carrier is offset to the passenger side.
Makes sense with larger tires not blocking the door handle. I like that bumper, thinking that that offset would just be enough to not obstruct the rear camera when I have my bike carrier mounted.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Makes sense with larger tires not blocking the door handle. I like that bumper, thinking that that offset would just be enough to not obstruct the rear camera when I have my bike carrier mounted.
This set-up works great with my hitch mounted bike carrier!

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
https://www.extremeterrain.com/daystar-jeep-wrangler-fuel-storage-can-cam-mounting-kit-kj50024bk.html?utm_content=XTExterior-Other|Daystar&T5_Var4=J153265-JL&intl=0&utm_campaign=XTW+Wrangler+Vehicle+Medium&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw87SHBhBiEiwAukSeUfnRg4xhT_JwergNwUz4VuPGRoNA4UxfvEknwTzr9GPmVGwbfHFSahoC63UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Ordered this from summit racing a month ago. Last week they said it was discontinued. I wasn’t a fan of the low capacity, but it was better than nothing. I’ll likely go with the aev fuel caddy at this point. We have the Mopar tailgate reenforcement, so the weight should be ok.
The AEV tire carrier, which accepts the fuel caddy, is integrated with the rear bumper (which is tied to the chassis), not the tailgate.

Also, you can't get the fuel caddy separately. You'd have to get the entire rear bumper because it's not compatible with anything else.

MDPJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392 XR / 2004 TJ Rubicon, AEV, Warn...
Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to carry extra gas? 1695050711315

This has worked well for me. Also have two more Rotopax that can stack on these. As soon as I get home from a run, it all unstraps and goes back in the garage.

Sponsored

73TAWM

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU RUBICON
Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to carry extra gas? 1695050711315

This has worked well for me. Also have two more Rotopax that can stack on these. As soon as I get home from a run, it all unstraps and goes back in the garage.
Where did you find this?

FRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 4x4, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Long Range America makes an auxiliary fuel tank that mounts in the open area under the jeep body. Once you're below a quarter tank, you press a button and a pump sends the fuel from the auxiliary tank to the main tank over a few minutes. No idea on pricing, but saw a nice little video showcasing it on YT.
I installed the Long Range America aux tank in my 2021 JLUR in the summer of 2021. Did it laying on the floor of my garage. Have since made trips to MI, Northern California, and AZ from NC. Has worked great. 17 extra gallons of fuel located between the left frame rail and the drive shaft. Here is the link to the documentation.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...a-aux-fuel-tank-complete.101191/#post-2106643

MDPJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392 XR / 2004 TJ Rubicon, AEV, Warn...