Sponsored

Best way to add 35s to Sahara without lift?

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I've been researching the Mopar 2-inch lift and was considering it, so that my Sahara could be upgrade to 35s. It sounds like a mixed bag and possibly an expensive one, should I need additional parts (adjustable track bar?) and service. I'm also concerned about it not driving as well as it does right now.

If I were to add the Rubicon suspension and shocks, which wouldn't cost more than a few hundred bucks, would that allow for 35s? What about changing out the fenders?

What's my best path to retain my ride, do less damage to my wallet and provide me with the more aggressive look.

This Jeep hasn't seen dirt and when it does, it'll likely be little action.
Sponsored

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
Rubi suspension or a lift for sure - 35's won't fit stock. The Mopar 2" lift is far superior to what I did, but the best low cost way to get 35's without big $$ I could find was a rough country 2.5" spacer lift. I opted for the shock extenders as well to keep as much stock as possible - to maintain warranty. (we'll see when the time comes if the dealership really is "mod" friendly haha)

The only thing I am planning to add is the Mopar LCA's as right now my castor is too low (3.6 to be exact) and I get a bit of wander. I actually got the steering box replacement the same day as I got the lift installed and it wanders like it did before the new box. From what I've read the Mopar LCA's will make it feel more grounded. (and I don't plan on going with a higher lift in the future so skipping the adjustable LCA route)

If I was hardcore into offroading I would have went with the mopar lift, but with the casual trails I have planned this was the most affordable route I could find.

Hope this helps :)

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
2.5” RC spacer lift. No issues daily driver or wheeling it. I do wheel on trails rated up to blue at Raush Creek and AOAA. The only thing I did was buy the correct length shocks. I wasn’t big on shock extenders. Running 35x12.5x17. If you plan on running stock wheels you will need spacers. Aftermarket you will need at least a +12 offset to clear your control arms when turning fully. I run a -18 offset and tire sticks out about 3 inches outside fenders.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to add 35s to Sahara without lift? 547E65C3-E149-41AC-93E3-081E86BE1810

Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to add 35s to Sahara without lift? 7EEE496A-A743-4B4A-AD54-749D928AEC5E

Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to add 35s to Sahara without lift? FB872748-53AC-43C5-B47D-625DC025023A
Sponsored