2f2r

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU S
Greg,

it’s probably important for you to clarify your usage of your Jeep. I get that you want it to look “aggressive” and would prefer not to lift it/change the suspension/change fender flares.

but, here is the point that you should clarify: do you intend to take this vehicle off-road? Your first post just says “mostly highway and beaches”.......... if you want to off-road, do you envision that you will get into places where you will need to get flex-y? If you ONLY intend to drive your Jeep on pavement/State beach, your options will be different than if you intend to crawl. Or, if you only intend to go off-road but only down maintained forest roads, that will be different than over landing on non-maintained roads —- both have different flexing needs than crawling.

define your usage and folks may be able to better help you narrow your selection.

if ALL you want to do is drive on the road and s State beach, you can easily get a 33” tire (285) with an aggressive tread (like a mud tire or something) on your Jeep. That’s probably a great option for you. But, Maybe a 295 — you might need spacers, I don’t know. Heck, you might even be able to get a 305 or even a 315...... others will know for sure......

Take a look at this Sahara:

you might wish to reach out to the poster.....
33's on a Sport/Sahara?
Highway and beach, and I have custom gear that I use for filming from it as well, so I need to be steady, Can not have a bumpy ride, won't be rock climbing . I have build my last jeep with 2"mopar 35 20 rims and it was way to bumpy
Sponsored

OP
OP
2f2r

2f2r

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU S
Thank you, I been also looking at some 34' options ;)

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
i been reading about 34 tire that would work on the stock
Which one (BFG makes a 285/75R17 KO2)? And how would performance fare with stock gearing? I’ve read that performance is bad with 35s and stock gearing (especially with the 6sp MT), so I’m curious about 34s.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2f2r

2f2r

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU S
now this throws me off

Last edited:

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
now this throws me off
Looks like it would rub, at the first intersection dip you came across, on the rear with 2 adults in the back seats. You asked smoothness for filming in this and the other thread. Big ugly knobby tires may look cool, but don't meet your criteria. Less aggressive tread tires work better for both your filming and your beach sand use. You have to decide your priorities. Most less experienced truck and Jeep owners purchase more aggressive tires than they need, then live with the downsides. By their second or third tire purchase, less aggressive treads look more attractive to them. LOL.

Most people need this...
toyo-extensa-a-s.jpg

...but buy this. LOL.
Toyo MT.jpg

Last edited:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm afraid that it's all social ladder climbing that looks SO COOL--

Driving it can destroy the whole MYTH !

Changing tire size on a jeep, takes some real homework !

W.E.

JIMBO

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Hella yella jlu - Mostly Highway , Long Island Beaches, looking for aggressive look
I'm thinking of going with,
NITTO RIDGE GRAPPLER33x12.5R17
MOTO METAL MO970 GRAY 17x9 offset -12

https://www.extremecustoms.com/product.php?cat_id=130&scat_id=3533&item_id=120690&c-vid=270789

https://www.extremecustoms.com/product.php?item_id=107946&c-vid=270789
the size of the tires and wheels will fit what youre looking for an work on a stock wrangler no problem. even 35s will work if you remove the piece that goes from the bumper to the fender. 315/70/17 BFG KO2s. more sidewall will also give you softer ride. just dont put too much psi in the tires.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

now this throws me off
35s will fit on a stock Sport as long as you dont disconnect the sway bars and go flexing. driving on the beach should not be a problem at all and definitely not a problem on the street. just have to remove those lame bumper thingies
Sponsored