hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Install was a lot less difficult after watching a bunch of YouTube videos. Had to re-do a few things when I forgot the order, and I lost a bolt that vibrated out because I forgot to use Locktite the first time through. (Teraflex sent me another bolt, I was grateful.) Didn't have to shim but I used a lot of masking tape to hold the door closed and aligned. It's amazing how light the door is with everything removed from it.

35" Ridge Grapplers on black Method Grid wheels. I also mounted a Trailgator table on the inside of the tailgate and left the 4xe noisemaker speaker off. It's got some weight on it now, but seems very solid.

jl-4xe-Teraflex.jpg
Looks great 👍🏻. Wonder if any of these hinged tire carriers will have an issue on the new Rubi XR pkg with the additional trim around the taillights 🤔

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Tire Carriers regardless of price? DE68C205-C935-42F2-9062-0A1B9ED4A828
Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Install was a lot less difficult after watching a bunch of YouTube videos. Had to re-do a few things when I forgot the order, and I lost a bolt that vibrated out because I forgot to use Locktite the first time through. (Teraflex sent me another bolt, I was grateful.) Didn't have to shim but I used a lot of masking tape to hold the door closed and aligned. It's amazing how light the door is with everything removed from it.

35" Ridge Grapplers on black Method Grid wheels. I also mounted a Trailgator table on the inside of the tailgate and left the 4xe noisemaker speaker off. It's got some weight on it now, but seems very solid.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Tire Carriers regardless of price? DE68C205-C935-42F2-9062-0A1B9ED4A828
Thank you for the detailed reply.
Is the tire making contact with the bumper at all? Looks very close.
What notch do you have the carrier setting?

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Best Tire Carriers regardless of price?
I selected the decades proven spare tire carrying location that is superior to any in this thread,"regardless of price". The cargo floor.
Why?
cost
no rust
adds no weight
lowest lift height
increases departure angle
tailgate swings light as a feather

This is very similar to the setup I had in my crawler TJ. But now the two doorJL is my daily so I can't give up the room the spare takes up. If I could I would definitely go back to this because it really is superior in just about every way.
That being said, I am running the Rusty's carrier which is a full hinge replacement, and it is rock solid and the tailgate actually works better than it did when stock. It was a very involved install, but worth it.

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
Thank you for the detailed reply.
Is the tire making contact with the bumper at all? Looks very close.
What notch do you have the carrier setting?
Tire's just above the standard plastic bumper. I have the Teraflex carrier in the middle of three.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Tire's just above the standard plastic bumper. I have the Teraflex carrier in the middle of three.
I have the teraflex Alpha HD carrier also and have it adjusted at the highest point mount. I would consider moving it there if I was you, looks better a bit higher imo, as it also puts the 3rd light 1.5 inches higher.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Tire Carriers regardless of price? Jeep spare

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
I have the teraflex Alpha HD carrier also and have it adjusted at the highest point mount. I would consider moving it there if I was you, looks better a bit higher imo.
Do you happen to have a shot of the carrier with at it's highest point with the spare attached?

Sponsored

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
+1 on TeraFlex direct bolt on "no-drilling-required" hinge and tire carrier. Straight forward install, easy to remount camera and brake light. I have a KO2 37" with room to spare above the stock rear bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Tire Carriers regardless of price? IMG_1445

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
CavFab!

@rustyshakelford is the man! While I'm driving a moving truck to Colorado, he is upgrading the Grinch with a CavFab Tire carrier, LOD camera kit and 3rd brake light. Slick and nothing to jack with when I have pull the spare.

He is also sorting out the clusterf*ck of the lift kit configuration that was recently installed.

I can't say enough good things about Brett!

@Headbarcode

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Tire Carriers regardless of price? IMG_20211008_161939

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Tire Carriers regardless of price? IMG_20211008_161926

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
CavFab!

@rustyshakelford is the man! While I'm driving a moving truck to Colorado, he is upgrading the Grinch with a CavFab Tire carrier, LOD camera kit and 3rd brake light. Slick and nothing to jack with when I have pull the spare.

He is also sorting out the clusterf*ck of the lift kit configuration that was recently installed.

I can't say enough good things about Brett!

@Headbarcode

Looks awesome! And it adds so much strength, that the tailgate no longer seems to notice there's a spare hanging on it.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link