Sponsored

Best tire carrier for under $650?

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've search, asked and looked in existing tire carrier threads with no luck. Pictured is my stock carrier with moto bilt rear bumper.

I'm looking for a tire carrier that can hold up to a 37 inch tire.

That comes complete with everything I need and needs no additional parts for install

Doesnt require you to drill In the body and i could install myself.

Under $650 if possible

Any tire carriers fit this criteria?

20191129_150025.jpg
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
What is wrong with the Motobilt tire carrier? It seems to be in your range and can easily carry a 37”tire. I run the Motobilt carrier and love it. It’s solid, built very well, and I have it mounted at its lowest setting to keep the weight low and I have a better view out back.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What is wrong with the Motobilt tire carrier? It seems to be in your range and can easily carry a 37”tire. I run the Motobilt carrier and love it. It’s solid, built very well, and I have it mounted at its lowest setting to keep the weight low and I have a better view out back.
Its $850 for the whole kit, then I still have to have it powdered coated. Do you have to drill in the body to installed it?

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Its $850 for the whole kit, then I still have to have it powdered coated. Do you have to drill in the body to installed it?
I recommend you buy the carrier by itself. You can add the license plate, camera relocation later. I was able to use the factory components to retain the camera. Plus come November they’ll have their 20% off sale, that’s a great time add any additional stuff.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
$850? What is included with the extra cost? Should be About $650 that is what it is listed as on @Motobilt.

Definitely no drilling required at all. it’s a pretty easy install and is every bit of what you are looking for.

I modified my stock camera mount and was able to use it with the carrier too.
This kept it very clean looking like factory.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I ended buying a smittybilt tire carrier for about $550

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/smittybilt-hd-pivot-tire-carrier-7743/_/R-DSBP-7743

Heres a video of it

I am not too familiar with these racks, so please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that even though the rack is clearly far stronger than stock, it still mounts to the same place on the aluminum body, which is not any stronger. I would assume this is the real weak point in terms of metal fatigue, which aluminum is partial to. Just the way it looks to me, but as I say I am not really too familiar with that style of after market carrier.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase

WranglerAdvs

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Sahara, 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
CavFab’s is for sale at 650, includes license plate & camera relocation kit and the carrier is beefy!! Check it out at Cavfab.com .

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
CavFab’s is for sale at 650, includes license plate & camera relocation kit and the carrier is beefy!! Check it out at Cavfab.com .
Bare steel?
Sponsored