Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
Good morning folks!

I’m in need of a good high quality tire carrier for a 40” tire. I’m currently running JCR rear bumper and their Shield tire carrier. It’s been a good setup and have no complaints with it but it’s only rated for 38” tires.

Up till now I have always preferred to get it off the tailgate and keep the weight on the bumper. I just hate the thought of tearing the body up with all the extra weight. That being said here’s what I’ve narrowed it to too GenRight, Rusty’s or CavFab. My question is why don’t you here much about GenRight on here? Do folks not like them?

What am I missing? Any other recommendations? Or do I just forget about the spare and run without? I see so many folks doing it these days.

Thanks.
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Look at Warn and Poison Sypder.

Install vid on the PS

OP
OP
Xtremetj

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I will check them out. I ran a trail with someone running the Poison Sypder set up yesterday. It seemed rock solid

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Extremetj

For a 40” tire, the carriers are extremely limited. I’ve searched high and low, because I’m going to be running 43’s. And the only companies I’ve found thus far that can carry up to a 40” tire are: GenRight, EVO, DV8, VPR 4x4 and LOD Offroad. I’m more than likely not going to be able to run a Tire Carrier on my rig, but I hope the research I’ve done helps you.

Sponsored

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Extremetj

For a 40” tire, the carriers are extremely limited. I’ve searched high and low, because I’m going to be running 43’s. And the only companies I’ve found thus far that can carry up to a 40” tire are: GenRight, EVO, DV8, VPR 4x4 and LOD Offroad. I’m more than likely not going to be able to run a Tire Carrier on my rig, but I hope the research I’ve done helps you.
Wow 43"!!! You are going to be the king!
Honestly i am failing to see what could possible damage a 43" tire!! You could literally drive over knives and you will be fine.. I doubt you will need a spare.. But it would be nice and complete the look! If you care about that kind of stuff :D

OP
OP
Xtremetj

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Extremetj

Thank you sir!!!

I found CavFab and Rusty’s as well. At this point I’m leaning towards Rusty’s but want to check out VPR.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
I won’t be the king. There are a couple JLU’s on 46’s. If you search on here you can find pictures of one of them.

The build I’m working on will be well sorted out with Dynatrac axles, Atles transfer case ,King coilover’s, etc. If the suppliers we are working with hold up their end, it should be done before year end.
Sponsored