Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Are the shocks that come w/ the RK Flex kit better than the Falcon 2.1?
I belive they are linear and designed to work with the multi-rate springs vs the falcons being digressive and working better with a linear rate spring.

they will ride better with the RK kit, but if you run a different spring, results may vary.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Which shocks do you have. Notice you are from Lansing. I went to MSU. Currently in the same line of work that you are retired from. I too have stories lol.
I have the 9000 series adjustable shocks from Rancho.

If you ever need advice about corrections or ear, let me know.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Im considering the rock krawler stock mod 2.5 aswell. I already have mopar lca and sway disconnects to go with the lift.

Pretty sure i will go with the fox 2.0 2-3” lift shocks aswell.

Anyone know how well the rock krawler carried weight? Im pretty light, small steel bumper 40lbs and synthetic winch, 60lb fridge in the back with camping stuff etc.
That's almost exactly how I wheeled all this past weekend, small steel bumpers, winch with synthetic line, a week's worth of luggage and recovery equipment plus a 60lb Dometic fridge, with drinks snacks etc. Jeep handles it without a care in the world.

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
I belive they are linear and designed to work with the multi-rate springs vs the falcons being digressive and working better with a linear rate spring.

they will ride better with the RK kit, but if you run a different spring, results may vary.
Thank you for this... I did not know about linear vs multi-rate springs and have been reading a lot about them. Very cool. Thanks again.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Thank you for this... I did not know about linear vs multi-rate springs and have been reading a lot about them. Very cool. Thanks again.
All of RK's springs are Triple Rate, to give, what we feel, is the best ride possible and incredible performance off road.