Best Spray wax for New Jeeps?

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Clay bar - get some Clay Magic if you can find it or Mothers, these are the best I've used. Tip, use just a little piece not the whole bar cause if you drop it in the dirt- it's tossed. There are some new products that you can use instead of clay that can be washed and reused. I forget the name brand but it's killer on paint overspray. The kind you get when someone (not naming names) uses a spray can paint product in the next county and it drifts on to your car. You can tell it by the feel, if your paint feels like a sheet of notebook paper instead of a slick finish - it's paint overspray!
been there - done that

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I got Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax.
Seems highly recommended. I haven't used it yet because the dang dealer washed my car last oil change. In all fairness, I didn't tell them not to :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X04JRMU

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Are use car guys hybrid spray wax. I have been detailing vehicles for years and this is the best I have ever used and you can buy it by the gallon on Amazon.

image.jpg
Ironically I ordered this on a whim a few weeks ago without ever viewing this section. Definitely the best wax I've ever used.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Ironically I ordered this on a whim a few weeks ago without ever viewing this section. Definitely the best wax I've ever used.
Try the Turtle Wax ICE easy to use and brilliant shine for maybe 6 bucks

Sponsored

Grimace-912

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon and 9 other bikes, trucks, cars :)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Been detailing my vehicles since 1963 when my first car was a 1957 Mercury - black. The ultimate then was Cadillac Blue Coral 2 process sealer and wax - carnauba - originally made by Cadillac. Took all day to do a car. Getting the wax off was a bear and if your arms were not sore when you were done, you didn't do it right.

Cadillac-Blue-Coral-Wax-Sealer.jpg

Since then I have tried every detailing product for interior and exterior made. I have a 9 foot row of shelves full of stuff. Groits, Pinnacle, Mequiars, Mothers, Sonax, McKee's, Zymol, Turtlewax, S100, Adams, SurfCity, etc etc etc... I wax my vehicles on a regular basis. I use Cal Car Dusters all the time - my rule of thumb is 3 uses of a duster then wax again.

If you wax your vehicle often then Carnauba waxes are the best there is for wet look shine and protection -- FWIW my opinion :), . Here is a simple test for spray waxes - spray on dry, cool vehicle - wipe to spread wax and let dry. Wipe off. If you leave wax spots after wiping then you have a problem. This means you have to be fast and wipe the spay off immediately to be sure it's all removed before it dries. Some wax directions on the bottle tell you this, some don't.

I use Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax and McKee's 37 Fast Wax Carnauba both can dry and still wiped off completely with no spots or residue so you don't have to hurry. McKee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax is my choice for a paste wax application.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Need an opinion for the best spray wax to use on my new Mojito Jeep that will be long lasting with that mirror like finish - 2nd opinion can I also use it on my windshield if possible with out it streaking? Thanks for your answers :sun:
turtle was ICE

Frustration

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19-JLU
Thanks so much! Do I have to do a clay bar wash first or just a good hand wash? I've never done clay bar, so I'd have to read up on how to do it.

It depends on the paint... If it feels rough and gritty, I would clay it and give it a quick polish...

Claying is simple... Just use enough lube spray to keep it from sticking...

Either way though, the Ceramic sprays are WAAAAy better than the simple waxes, including Turtle Ice.

For roughly the same time in application, you'll get 3-4-10 times the durability and better shine.

Last edited:

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I have Ceramic Pro on my Rubicon and use Car Pro Reload once every month. I know a lot of people like Turtle Wax Shine and Seal, but I didn't care for it. I found it to be streaky so I stick to Reload.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
It depends on the paint... If it feels rough and gritty, I would clay it and give it a quick polish...

Claying is simple... Just use enough lube spray to keep it from sticking...

Either way though, the Ceramic sprays are WAAAAy better than the simple waxes, including Turtle Ice.

For roughly the same time in application, you'll get 3-4-10 times the durability and better shine.
I would actually use more than a clay bar if the paint feels rough. I would wash it, chemically decontaminate it with IronX, clay (if needed), then apply whatever protection you are planning to use. Keep in mind, a polish/ paint correction might be necessary if there is marring and swirls prior to applying a protectant.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using F11 on the JL since we bought it; I like the fact you can use it on everything.

Frustration

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19-JLU
I've been using F11 on the JL since we bought it; I like the fact you can use it on everything.
F11 has darn near no life to it... It's easy, but so are a lot of bad products.

Ceramics are nearly as easy and actually last.

Reasonable vid series here (though you can go back to the first couple videos and the F11 fails almost instantly).

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine. It's one of the new hybrid ceramic waxes. It is super durable. Will definitely last months. It lasted me through a trip off road, a couple of trips on the beach playing in sea water, and a run through the touchless car wash to get said sea water rinsed off. Still hydro phobic, and everything just falls off of it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine. It's one of the new hybrid ceramic waxes. It is super durable. Will definitely last months. It lasted me through a trip off road, a couple of trips on the beach playing in sea water, and a run through the touchless car wash to get said sea water rinsed off. Still hydro phobic, and everything just falls off of it.
The regular ICE says on the bottle no streaking. I have used the regular ICE and it is easy to apply and does not turn black plastic or rubber trim white. How is this new hybrid ceramic? Does it turn black trim or rubber white?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
The regular ICE says on the bottle no streaking. I have used the regular ICE and it is easy to apply and does not turn black plastic or rubber trim white. How is this new hybrid ceramic? Does it turn black trim or rubber white?
No it does not. I coated my plastic front bumper just to see how it would perform, still matte black, and it sheds bugs easier.
Sponsored