Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
Turtle Wax Ice spray wax:

"DIRECTIONS: Wash and dry vehicle. Shake well."

How much does a JLU weigh? Do I need to lift it over my head, or just rock it side to side?
Find a mall with speed bumps. Wash Jeep. Hit speed bumps at 50mph.

It's good to have a spotter hanging out of the Freedom Top screaming; "Get the hell out of the way" at pedestrians.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Kevin's Rubi

To be honest, for years I would not even consider Turtle Wax Ice. I felt it was a product to be avoided. Quality wax. Even now, I wax with Carnuba wax and then, over that use the Turtle Wax Ice.

The Ice takes minutes to apply after the CA\arnuba Wax job. The hard top, bumpers, handles and all are done with that last step... application of the Ice.

With 303, I always thought it was tops. I buy in gallon containers.

Anyway, the current Turtle Wax Ice (the link and pic I gave) is a whole different offering.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Best part of Ice in my opinion. No overspray worries. I've been using Turtle Wax for 40 years or so and never had any complaints. Ice has a wash, cleaner, and wax. By the way you can use Ice and 303 around the house too. I use it on my patio stuff and have a $23 grill cover that is still black on it's third year in the Texas sun.
Yup, I use it on my stainless grill, hadn't thought about the cover. I also like using it on granite countertops to seal them.

@Kevin's Rubi

To be honest, for years I would not even consider Turtle Wax Ice. I felt it was a product to be avoided. Quality wax. Even now, I wax with Carnuba wax and then, over that use the Turtle Wax Ice.

The Ice takes minutes to apply after the CA\arnuba Wax job. The hard top, bumpers, handles and all are done with that last step... application of the Ice.

Anyway, the current Turtle Wax Ice (the link and pic I gave) is a whole different offering.
I had the exact same experience, only I no longer use carnuba. Also, for the plastic stuff, I recommend finding a car soap without carnuba!

And ICE does not build up on plastic. as I've mentioned, I've been using it on my black denim harley to the horror of people on the harley forum, and it looks great! Granted, I've only wash it maybe a half dozen times and applied ICE, but still. the sun and carnuba wax in car soap will fade those fenders, not a synthetic polymer ;)

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
@Kevin's Rubi

I agree with you. I used Carnuba wax from a can for years. I felt that it had to provide more protection than any spray wax could. But getting it out of the trim if you ran over was a pain. Heck, I've even used painters (well masking) tape years ago when waxing and then held a soft cloth over the paint when treating the trim. I do still use a hard wax a few times a year but I gotta admit that it's probably because one of my favorite memories was detailing my brothers car with him after he got back from Vietnam.

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I have used the following on top of my ceramic coat

1) Car Pro Reload
2) ICE
3) Optimum No Rinse

1) expensive and doesn't last long but beads and sheets nicely
2) cheap and last 2-3 washes(my fav and most used)
3) Carnuba and has several uses but not as slick as ICE

...and wanting to try Meguiars new ceramic fast wax.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
@CNY-JLUS

I'd guess, that you would apply the Ice and then apply the 303.

Wait til you see how good the plastic bumpers, fenders, plastic door handles, etc. look after the application of the Ice.... AND, the Ice keeps doing the job.... even after weeks the black looks good.

You just spray Ice on. No worry at all, about over spray getting on the body or glass.. then just easily buff off. Try it just once and you will be a believer lets say.

No residue on black after a while? Also can it be applied in sun? Thanks

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
IF you're going to use a spray wax type that you dont want to take the time to polish, seal and top coat, then try Sonax spray and seal. Gives a hell of a finish and is pretty durable. I ceramic coated my Jeep the day after I bought it. I used Cquartz UK 3.0 two coats, topped with reload and then after every wash I use P&S Beadmaker. This combo gives unreal depth, clarity and beads water like crazy. I used to hate rainy days, but now I love them cause it'll rinse my Jeep off and leave it looking clean.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
No residue on black after a while? Also can it be applied in sun? Thanks
Absolutely no residue... no residue even over time. The container has no warning, not to apply in the Sun. I do not like to apply any product if the plastic, metal is hot from the Sun.

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Can't wait to try this. I'm guessing this is Turtle Wax's answer to Meguiars new "ceramic" fast wax. These products have come a long way with the synthetics.

There is plenty of debate about good ole Carnuba and it's long last qualities but these synthetics and ceramics are next level. Especially if you maintenance wash frequently and re apply.

Sponsored

Frustration

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19-JLU
Wax is dead...

There are so many Cermic coatings and spray ceramic sealants that will massively outlast and outperform anything else that there's no need for wax products anymore.

TexRivers

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Need an opinion for the best spray wax to use on my new Mojito Jeep that will be long lasting with that mirror like finish - 2nd opinion can I also use it on my windshield if possible with out it streaking? Thanks for your answers :sun:
I love this.

PapaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
What about that F-11 TopCoat I keep seeing on Facebook? I'm thinking "not so much" since they're advertising like crazy on that platform. Anyone on here ever use it or know someone who has?