Best Spray wax for New Jeeps?

Sushicat

First Name
Claudine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited - Mojito!
Need an opinion for the best spray wax to use on my new Mojito Jeep that will be long lasting with that mirror like finish - 2nd opinion can I also use it on my windshield if possible with out it streaking? Thanks for your answers :sun:
Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I usually use Optimum Spray Wax. It seems to hold up to the heat better and last the longest for me. However, I have been hearing some pretty good things about the new Turtle Ice Seal N Shine formula. It's definitely easier to get than Optimum, so I may give it a try next time.

For the Windshield, I'd stick to something like Rainx.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
As an avid rain x user in the 90s, I can assure you that ICE works just as well on glass. Now, I may be talking out of my butt, but my understanding is that ICE and rain x are both liquid polymer technology ;)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Garry Dean's Infinite Use Detail... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XTBNSXG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is concentrate so dilute with distilled water, works great on glass. I have been using the same bottle for over 2 years and its basically still full. Can also use as a tire shine undiluted but i have never tried it.

Looks like he does not sell on amazon anymore but you can get it on his web site.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Spray was is great after a wash, but it needs to be properly prepped every so often. Clay it, polish it, seal it with you favorite wax, then use a wash and wax and spray wax at every wash.

Chemical guys has a great wash and wax. I like griots speed wax for a spray wax.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Here’s my method:

Brand new vehicle:
1. Wash
2. Clay bar
3. Wash again
4. Rinse well
5. Rinse the water off (sounds crazy, but if you imagine the water is mercury, and you’re trying to pool it together and off, it works.
6. Spray everything with ICE
7. Dry, but not thoroughly
8. Spray again with ICE
9. Dry
10. Clean windows with fresh, clean water and dry

After the first, brand new wash, I skip steps 2,3,7,8.

Also, with ICE, it can come out kind of smeary if you’re not thorough, which I’m not. I use it more for protection than shine, and being synthetic, any smudges or smear ones won’t get baked in to the paint and be difficult to remove.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Yup, agree with you 110%. The stuff is even great for the hard top. Works great on windows, also..
I think you and I agreed on this recently in another thread as well! I love this stuff and use it on everything. Even my flat black Harley!

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Megs 15601 Express wax by the gallon. Good stuff and cheap.

I've also used mckess37 high gloss detailer and griots spray wax they're both pretty good.

Really tho the megs is just as good and has a great smell. I use it to clean leather sometimes too. You can use it on anything for the most part.

Sponsored

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Turtle Wax Ice spray wax:

"DIRECTIONS: Wash and dry vehicle. Shake well."

How much does a JLU weigh? Do I need to lift it over my head, or just rock it side to side?

But seriously, how would you use this with the Aerospace 303 on fenders/bumpers? Before, after, instead of?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CNY-JLUS

I'd guess, that you would apply the Ice and then apply the 303.

Wait til you see how good the plastic bumpers, fenders, plastic door handles, etc. look after the application of the Ice.... AND, the Ice keeps doing the job.... even after weeks the black looks good.

You just spray Ice on. No worry at all, about over spray getting on the body or glass.. then just easily buff off. Try it just once and you will be a believer lets say.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Turtle Wax Ice spray wax:

"DIRECTIONS: Wash and dry vehicle. Shake well."

How much does a JLU weigh? Do I need to lift it over my head, or just rock it side to side?

But seriously, how would you use this with the Aerospace 303 on fenders/bumpers? Before, after, instead of?
I usually just use the 303. I'd be afraid (possibly unwarranted) that a spray wax like Ice would eventually start to build up in the grain of the plastic.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I usually just use the 303. I'd be afraid (possibly unwarranted) that a spray wax like Ice would eventually start to build up in the grain of the plastic.
Unfounded worries.

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
@CNY-JLUS

You just spray Ice on. No worry at all, about over spray getting on the body or glass.. then just easily buff off. Try it just once and you will be a believer lets say.

Best part of Ice in my opinion. No overspray worries. I've been using Turtle Wax for 40 years or so and never had any complaints. Ice has a wash, cleaner, and wax. By the way you can use Ice and 303 around the house too. I use it on my patio stuff and have a $23 grill cover that is still black on it's third year in the Texas sun.
Sponsored