Sponsored

Best Speaker replacements are ?

SilverT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Willy's
Vehicle Showcase
My ‘21 Willy’s Unlimited needs an update….standard speakers are crackling. What does everyone recommend as the replacement? Alpine or something else?
Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I went with these Kenwoods in the dash upper and in the sound bar above. Happy with them with no other upgrades. Kenwood Excelon series.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113X3C/Kenwood-Excelon-KFC-X3C.html

Pretty much same price. The Kenwoods handle twice the power than the Infinitys in case you will be upgrading later. The Infinity's do have higher sensitivity.

zaneiz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I went with these Kenwoods in the dash upper and in the sound bar above. Happy with them with no other upgrades. Kenwood Excelon series.

Pretty much same price. The Kenwoods handle twice the power than the Infinitys in case you will be upgrading later. The Infinity's do have higher sensitivity.
The Kenwood's were in my top 3 for consideration. Boiled down to seeing more reviews. Which doesn't mean much I know. I don't know a lot about audio specs. If I do more than the rollbar speakers I would probably just use up a birthday present slot and go to an audio shop.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I went with the Terra Acoustics upgrade, I was on the wait list for a bit. It is an awesome upgrade that really cleans up the distortion.

Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I tried those Infinity's in my dash corners but found them way too bright and harsh. I had to take them out. I went with Kickers that sound much better to my old ears anyway.

OP
OP
SilverT

SilverT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Willy's
Vehicle Showcase
I like the price of these. However, not opposed to putting in the extra $ for great sound.

Thanks for the ideas👏

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Speaker replacements are ? Screenshot_20220619-225140_Chrome

I am starting with these in the dash corners. Lots of good reviews. I'll replace the lower speakers and roll bar later.

I was on the terra acoustics waiting list but who knows when they will actually have any to ship.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Get the Metra pods and move up from 4" components to 6.5". This makes a big difference up front.

Focal

Morel

Audison

and Audiofrog were at the top of my list when I upgraded mine.

Ultimately I went with Hybrid Audio Mirus speakers but I would not use them again. They sounded great in the demo room but they had some distortion at higher volumes with quite a bit of my music after I had them installed.

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport

Got started with these, and they sound great. However, if you're like me, you won't stop there. I have now replaced the knee panel and soundbar speakers with 6-1/2"s, added two powered subwoofers, an Alpine headunit, and recently finished my install of a small amplifier. Sounds fantastic, but I did not intentionally go into this wanting to spend $2000 lol.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I started with the 3032’s at first. Went to a C2-350x and then took the plunge and got the stage 6 MB Quart system. I added the 400.1 amp to the third spot on the rack and rewired the stock sub and it’s working well so far.

Sponsored

zaneiz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Speaker replacements are ? 20220624_113519
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Speaker replacements are ? 20220624_113527

Installed the Infinity speakers today. Quick and easy. Huge difference. Now the roll bar and knee panels sound terrible. So back to crutch field for more!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I used kicker 4" marine Km4 for the soundbar with Quadratec super tweeters. Then I used DS18 6.5's in the knee panels with pods. I also used JL C2-350x coaxials in the dash uppers. No extra amps..left the sub alone and the cabin sounds fantastic. I figured the Ds18's are usually used in Motorcycles (they are waterproof) and riding in the wind they must give out some good sound ...I was right. Top down doors off sounds great.

IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_5234.jpg

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Forgot to add that I also poly filled all cavities.

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
I would stop by your local specialty shop and let your ears decide for you. What sounds good to some people may not be what your ears appreciate. I would recommend replacing the lower dash speaker pods with some that allow you to use a larger driver (6.5") and do the same for the soundbar. If you can look into outboard amps and possibly a processor can get the most out of your setup.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I would stop by your local specialty shop and let your ears decide for you. What sounds good to some people may not be what your ears appreciate. I would recommend replacing the lower dash speaker pods with some that allow you to use a larger driver (6.5") and do the same for the soundbar. If you can look into outboard amps and possibly a processor can get the most out of your setup.
That is a slippery slope. I went from 3032's to C2-350's in the front and 6530's to Alpine S-S65's to C2-650's in the soundbar to a Quart Stage 6.
Sponsored