dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I tried different options and they all had to pass the wife's approval. The acceptable option was an Xlerator
offset performance muffler with an 18" cherry bomb as an additional resonator. Barely noticeable and no drone with normal driving. Put your foot into it and it's loud.
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Muffler delete drone must be a 4 door towing thing. I don’t tow with my 2dr. and it doesn’t drone.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I did the muffler delete. It's only a little bit louder, no noticeable drone at any RPM, and I would describe the sound as "grumbly" which I personally think is perfect for a Jeep.
which kit did you get?

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Had the Dynomax muffler delete, now have the Magnaflow Street Series Dual Axleback. Sound is much more "refined" now but gotta admit I do miss the volume at WOT :)
But the Magnaflow looks great, so that's an added bonus, and FWIW the Dynomax has some drone in the 1500 to 1800 rpm but IMO it's not too obtrusive.
Here's the Magnaflow which I highly recommend if you're looking for an aftermarket axleback w/ Dual tips :like: :handsinair::rock:

Jeep Wrangler JL Best sounding JL comes from muffler delete IMG_0571.JPG

Sponsored

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have to disagree, the muffler delete alone drones way too much for my taste (and I come from multiple loud muscle cars before this)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have to disagree, the muffler delete alone drones way too much for my taste (and I come from multiple loud muscle cars before this)
It drones, but I was comparing it to our Infiniti G37 w/ resonator removed, now that's major league drone :)

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I'm starting to research alternatives too. It sounds pretty good pottering around town, but I don't like how it sounds under a hard load. My truck droned, but it was a low, pleasant sort of drone that was like straight pipes, but more refined. This thing just sounds like one of those shitty little minibikes or something. I'm not going to go through the knuckle scraping and pain to put the gigantic trash can back on, but there has to be something better than this.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm starting to research alternatives too. It sounds pretty good pottering around town, but I don't like how it sounds under a hard load. My truck droned, but it was a low, pleasant sort of drone that was like straight pipes, but more refined. This thing just sounds like one of those shitty little minibikes or something. I'm not going to go through the knuckle scraping and pain to put the gigantic trash can back on, but there has to be something better than this.
Check out the Borla Climber Touring Catback. I'm very happy with mine - just a slight sound increase over stock with great ground clearance

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Check out the Borla Climber Touring Catback.
Ended up going with the S-type axle-back. Would have been happier with the ATAK I think, but it's too late now. The sound is very refined, and awesome, but the volume knob only goes up to 4, and I like an exhaust to run at about 8.

Either way, it sounds better than the muffler delete.
Sponsored