Sponsored

Best shocks for Rock Krawler X- Factor Lift?

Scooter269

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR & 2019 Wrangler JLU sport S
There's a large combination of factors, the most likely is that those shocks were tuned with a spring rate that is drastically different than ours or that they were tuned on single rates instead of triple rates. We have posted our spring rates on this forum in the past, I'm sure they can be found in our user profile, at the same time we posted what the stock rates are and the differences between our rates and stock rates.

People have reported tons of positive feedback on a multitude of other shocks out there including Falcon 3.3's, the only shock we hear is a bad mis-match is the Falcon 2.1's. I want to be clear though, they are not a bad shock, and I don't want to appear that this is a negative comment towards them, that particular shock just doesn't match well to our coils.
was curious about your kits like the adventure series being sold on websites like north ridge 4X4.That are paired up with the fox 2.0 series shocks. Are these set up to be run together and have a good ride? Or is it something they threw together with out figuring it out?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if he got the Fox 2.0 shocks for 2-3” lift?
He did, they worked out great. If you’re gonna be wheeling it you may want to go with next longer version for more shock travel. He’s more light trails, and camping so they’re perfect for his needs.

WashingtonWetWheeler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 6spd JLUR. UD60s & 40s
Bringing this back from the dead as I'm pretty set on getting the 2.5 x-factor for my JL. In looking at Rock Krawlers recommendation for shocks they state:

"Shock Notes:
Generic Front Shock Length – 17.8” Collapsed/ 29.3” Maximum Extended
Generic Rear Shock Length – 18.3” Collapsed/ 30.3” Maximum Extended"

Everything I've found puts that at a 10" travel shock from Fox, King, etc. Should I expect to be stuck in a 10" travel shock or is there something I'm missing? I'm not looking to be that limited by my shock on droop but maybe I'm off base here.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Bringing this back from the dead as I'm pretty set on getting the 2.5 x-factor for my JL. In looking at Rock Krawlers recommendation for shocks they state:

"Shock Notes:
Generic Front Shock Length – 17.8” Collapsed/ 29.3” Maximum Extended
Generic Rear Shock Length – 18.3” Collapsed/ 30.3” Maximum Extended"

Everything I've found puts that at a 10" travel shock from Fox, King, etc. Should I expect to be stuck in a 10" travel shock or is there something I'm missing? I'm not looking to be that limited by my shock on droop but maybe I'm off base here.
These are stated as generic lengths for a reason. Long travel shocks will work great, you'll just likely need to replace your driveshafts. The front for sure.

Sponsored

WashingtonWetWheeler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 6spd JLUR. UD60s & 40s
These are stated as generic lengths for a reason. Long travel shocks will work great, you'll just likely need to replace your driveshafts. The front for sure.
Thanks so much for the reply! How long can I go with their 2.5 while still having the right amount of shaft showing?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Honestly I'd set it up without shocks and take some measurements, though that means you'd have to leave it parked until they come in. Could probably order some cheap extensions and run the factory shocks while you wait. Other option is to just call Accutune and pick their brains/have them build you some custom Fox shocks.
Sponsored