First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I need help, ive had my AEV 2.5” lift on my jeep for a few months.

its worked well, but my jeep is pretty light weight overall.

The ride is rough, ive put extra weight in the back to compensate slightly and it does make a difference.

will buying new shocks help this lift at all or am i dreaming?

I don’t want to spend huge dollars on shocks, i just want to fine tune this lift for the next year or two before I move/save for a long arm kit.

fox 2.0 rancho 9000 or rock krawler 2.25?
I got the MetalCloak 2.5" lift and it's ride is really stock like... Soft. Albeit with more travel so the bumps are absorbed even better. I'd recommend their shocks as they seem to be really decently priced:

https://metalcloak.com/rocksport-long-travel-shock-jl-wrangler-front-rear.html

I will be replacing mine when MetalCloak releases their tune-able Fox shocks for this lift because I would actually like them to be a bit more firm. :fist bump:
Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I got the MetalCloak 2.5" lift and it's ride is really stock like... Soft. Albeit with more travel so the bumps are absorbed even better. I'd recommend their shocks as they seem to be really decently priced:

https://metalcloak.com/rocksport-long-travel-shock-jl-wrangler-front-rear.html

I will be replacing mine when MetalCloak releases their tune-able Fox shocks for this lift because I would actually like them to be a bit more firm. :fist bump:
I appreciate the help, I left those out as im in Canada and getting metal cloak on this side of the boarder isn’t as easy as the other stuff..

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I appreciate the help, I left those out as im in Canada and getting metal cloak on this side of the boarder isn’t as easy as the other stuff..
Really? Wonder why that is?

If I were still up in the Soo I might have made that run for ya. I'm sure custom valving would do the trick, but that could be a bit spendy. :(

(I'd think the Rancho's would be the next best ride.)
Sponsored