Best shocks for non-lifted Rubicon

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have Kings w/remote res shocks on my pickup. Best mod I've done to the truck.
Sponsored

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Anyone else buy shocks to swap out? I bought the 0-1.5” fox monotube IFP shocks. Arriving this week from Northridge. I’ll post up my impressions. I’m not lifting my car but want to improve bumps.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Anyone else buy shocks to swap out? I bought the 0-1.5” fox monotube IFP shocks. Arriving this week from Northridge. I’ll post up my impressions. I’m not lifting my car but want to improve bumps.
Had time for your impressions?

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
I've run an installed every off the self premium shock on a JL and they all suck! I was fortunate enough to have my Sadflo shocks valved by Phil Liccardi of Liberty Mountain Fab at KOH and they were better.. way better. Then I began to work with ADS and I'm using them and no issues.. I've been constantly giving them feedback and many people have purchased them. the Shock is the most important and most overlooked part of a suspension and its in all motorsports on the weekend warrior level. your ass doesn't feel the same as mine and neither does anyone else's! So get something great for you and what you want and something that can be rebuilt and tuned. Call Tyler at ADS tell him Michael from High Centered Off-Road in Colorado sent ya and he will take care of you.

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Would be pretty hard for me to ever justify spending 3k for shocks. Don't imagine they sell too many of those.
They suck and its like riding on rocks, the valving is horrible and King needs to seriously address this before selling more of them. Put many sets on and removed the next day to get revalved.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I've run an installed every off the self premium shock on a JL and they all suck! I was fortunate enough to have my Sadflo shocks valved by Phil Liccardi of Liberty Mountain Fab at KOH and they were better.. way better. Then I began to work with ADS and I'm using them and no issues.. I've been constantly giving them feedback and many people have purchased them. the Shock is the most important and most overlooked part of a suspension and its in all motorsports on the weekend warrior level. your ass doesn't feel the same as mine and neither does anyone else's! So get something great for you and what you want and something that can be rebuilt and tuned. Call Tyler at ADS tell him Michael from High Centered Off-Road in Colorado sent ya and he will take care of you.
Our driver's Toy was setup with Radflo and it was transformed after some tuning. Good stuff (we thought), but I was looking at $520 shocks not coilovers, bumps, etc.

I would love to see your rig this weekend and talk to you about the ADS shocks you got... :)

Also Northridge4x4 Open House Saturday at 9am.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
@ChattVol , Eddy of Way a Life, who has a Big lift and 37, was also running the FOX IFP 2.0..

Once again, for a 600$ package you have a great product. The finish is definetly a masterpiece in comparaison to the red stock Shocks.
You should understand what Eddy (of Way of Life) does and doesn't do - what his business is and what he allows on his website and doesn't allow there.

He's all about $$$ and I wouldn't believe anything he says. Ever.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would be pretty hard for me to ever justify spending 3k for shocks. Don't imagine they sell too many of those.
Ha! King sells lots - tons of shocks. Their shocks are run by amateurs and pros alike. Shocks are the most important component in the suspension system and it doesn't pay to scrimp. And that's why I won't run the Mopar 2" lift.

They suck and its like riding on rocks, the valving is horrible and King needs to seriously address this before selling more of them. Put many sets on and removed the next day to get revalved.
I'm tempted to call BS but I'd rather ask you tell us all about how King Shocks "suck" and they're "like riding on rocks." Where were you where you "put many sets on and removed the next day to get revalved?"

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
You should understand what Eddy (of Way of Life) does and doesn't do - what his business is and what he allows on his website and doesn't allow there.

He's all about $$$ and I wouldn't believe anything he says. Ever.
I have discovered the problems with this other forum recently (after writing this previous post) but anyway he has never done any highlight on FOX suspensions...

What I can tell you now, is that I have been running my FOX IFP 2.0 for quite one year now, and recently spent 15 days on a stock Rubicon. And the conclusion is that I love my FOX shocks ;)

Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have discovered the problems with this other forum recently (after writing this previous post) but anyway he has never done any highlight on FOX suspensions...

What I can tell you now, is that I have been running my FOX IFP 2.0 for quite one year now, and recently spent 15 days on a stock Rubicon. And the conclusion is that I love my FOX shocks ;)

Ask yourself (or him if you dare) why he's "never done any highlight on Fox shocks"

Reactions: POL

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
Ask yourself (or him if you dare) why he's "never done any highlight on Fox shocks"
Actually that was the point.

No highlight on the FOX shocks, not even mentioned (because not sponsored) but still running it ;)

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! King sells lots - tons of shocks. Their shocks are run by amateurs and pros alike. Shocks are the most important component in the suspension system and it doesn't pay to scrimp. And that's why I won't run the Mopar 2" lift.

I'm tempted to call BS but I'd rather ask you tell us all about how King Shocks "suck" and they're "like riding on rocks." Where were you where you "put many sets on and removed the next day to get revalved?"

He never did answer your question on why King shocks suck, did he?

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm calling you out. Time for you to back up your unbelievable :no: criticism of King Shocks. I'm still waiting...

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I need help, ive had my AEV 2.5” lift on my jeep for a few months.

its worked well, but my jeep is pretty light weight overall.

The ride is rough, ive put extra weight in the back to compensate slightly and it does make a difference.

will buying new shocks help this lift at all or am i dreaming?

I don’t want to spend huge dollars on shocks, i just want to fine tune this lift for the next year or two before I move/save for a long arm kit.

fox 2.0 rancho 9000 or rock krawler 2.25?
Sponsored