Sponsored

Best Rock Sliders for Serious Wheeling?

ashlarwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have a stock JLUR that I'm looking to add armor to. First up: sliders. I live in Colorado and have decent experience wheeling, but this is my first Jeep. I'm looking for bolt-on (not weld-on) sliders that can take a serious beating. I have seen posts recommending ACE, LOD Destroyer and Signature Series, and Shrockworks. But I'm open to other suggestions as well.

The biggest consideration is functionality. I'm not wild about removing the body bolts, but I'm willing to do it if necessary. Price, style, step size, etc. are secondary. I'm trying to keep weight down, so if there's a lightweight option that yields good performance, that would be ideal.

If you've beat on your sliders and like how they've held up, let me know. Or if you've been disappointed by a brand, let me know that too!

EDIT: Didn't mean to post this in GD, sorry. Mods, please move.
Sponsored

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 BMW Z4, 2021 Tacoma, 2022 X3 M40i
I'm interested in this as well.

MilkSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
LOD signature series are great, no removing of body bolts on them anymore. They attach to the frame as well which is what you'll want. Easy install, but there are optional (recommended for serious wheeling) holes to drill. Theres really just one you have to do

Nvrmor

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi on order
Occupation
Brandt power unit operator
Rusty's makes good sliders I have a few buddies that run them and will probably go that route when I’m ready to upgrade my stock ones

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

I'm in the same stage of research as you are right now. I like the look of White Knuckle sliders but don't have any direct experience with them. I'm pretty much down to these or the LOD sliders.

Sponsored

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
My rockhards have held up well. Taken lots of hard hits and they do have a few scratches but no dents and no body damage.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Rock Sliders for Serious Wheeling? A79413E4-312B-427C-A24B-2225DE259E0E

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Rock Sliders for Serious Wheeling? D59A68BA-E681-4A27-BC20-9CF5AAF319AC

Both LoD options have been solid for me, I am preferring the destroyers right now. I put grip tape on the signatures but it wears out and becomes slick again.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Checkout White Knuckle Offroad. Much easier install than most and have heard nothing but great things about them. They're on my list to order this winter. I'm in CO too and have used my stock Rubicon "slider" and they've held up fine on most trails with some dents and dings here and there. Even on tough trails.

Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for the LOD sliders. I've been running them for 3+ years and love them.

The hardest part of the install isn't drilling the optional holes for rock crawling.... it's unpacking the damn things. Seriously, you'll understand when they're delivered. ;)

Flatties 4ever

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72Bronco, 95-12v,48Cj2a,53Cj3b,52M38-v8, JlSport
Occupation
Electrician
Have LOD destroyers on a TJ (weren’t called destroyer back then, but the same thing) They are quality and tough, built with thick metal.
Bought sliders for the JL, but didn’t go LOD because of:
1) weight
2) sharp angles
3) hang a bit lower
4) they wouldn’t price match - (that’s the straw that sent me looking elsewhere)
Sooo… I went with Metalcloak, they weigh less, no sharp angles to hang up on and sit a bit higher. I haven’t really used them on rocks yet, but they build the real thing, so I don’t expect to have a problem.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
@DBw I thought I was the only person that hid behind the jeep when somebody takes a pic. : )

I've been eyeballing the white knuckle myself because they seem really solid and I like the idea of the kickout. Do you think that is still effective with them tilted up?

DBw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep unlimited rubicon
@DBw I thought I was the only person that hid behind the jeep when somebody takes a pic. : )

I've been eyeballing the white knuckle myself because they seem really solid and I like the idea of the kickout. Do you think that is still effective with them tilted up?
Lol… thats the wife back there hiding. As far as the up angle on the kickou, I’ve had to use it once, the rail is super sturdy. No problem with hi-lift jack.
Sponsored