Sponsored

Best riding 2.5" coils/shocks

6togo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
Who has the best riding springs and shocks in the 2.5" range for the JL's without breaking the bank? This is a on road only truck been looking at Mopar, Evo, RE, RK, etc?
Sponsored

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
I had the RK 2.5 X Factor lift put on mine with Falcon shocks, very pleased with the ride. Tires will play into it too, so I went with K02s. Finding my sweet spot for tire pressure, but other than that the ride is very very close to stock. I really expected it to change things more than it did. If I had to put a percentage on it I'm at 90-95% stock. Once I deflate my tires a bit more I think that'll only go up. I'm doing it 1-2 psi at a time and driving it to find what I like.

I haven't taken it off road yet, but on road I'm loving it.

I guess it depends on what you mean breaking the bank is, the combo of items I picked is definitely above a budget build. I was looking at the Mopar lift but just didn't like what I was reading about it. If you go that route, from what I can tell, go with the RK pads over the cheap Mopar ones.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I have same as TheLion and i can agree that that the ride feels great, smooth and controlled. Soaks bumps well and feels really smooth offroad.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I had the RK 2.5 X Factor lift put on mine with Falcon shocks, very pleased with the ride. Tires will play into it too, so I went with K02s. Finding my sweet spot for tire pressure, but other than that the ride is very very close to stock. I really expected it to change things more than it did. If I had to put a percentage on it I'm at 90-95% stock. Once I deflate my tires a bit more I think that'll only go up. I'm doing it 1-2 psi at a time and driving it to find what I like.

I guess it depends on what you mean breaking the bank is, the combo of items I picked is definitely above a budget build. I was looking at the Mopar lift but just didn't like what I was reading about it. If you go that route, from what I can tell, go with the RK pads over the cheap Mopar ones.
What did this set up cost you?

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Hard to answer that specifically as I had other work done at the time, beyond what I stated. Tires and wheels were 2K something (5 of each), RK lift was 2K, Falcon shocks weren't that bad don't recall exactly couple hundred anyways. I also had a winch put on, a new front bumper, roam steps/light sliders, compressor, etc.

Edit: I went with the 315/70/r17 Ko2s so I could get C rated. Seen others going for the 35 k02s with E rated and them commenting on how rough they are, the 315s are a little bit smaller but to get the C rating it's worth it.

Sponsored

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!

Lion, i respect yr opinion, but sounds also like there might be a bit of confirmation bias going there considering that system is very expensive. Whats yr point of comparison? have you ever driven another kit? how many builds have you done? in my experience RK does a nice job but on road ride is NOT their main objective.

ricardo.cantu

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi
Lion, i respect yr opinion, but sounds also like there might be a bit of confirmation bias going there considering that system is very expensive. Whats yr point of comparison? have you ever driven another kit? how many builds have you done? in my experience RK does a nice job but on road ride is NOT their main objective.
I’ve had three builds, 2jk’s and now jl. Spacer, RC 3.5 and now RK 2.5 X factor. The ride on the RK is amazing on the road, haven’t hit the trail yet. Of course it has a lot to due with the shocks/tires as well. I went with Fox 2.0 and Patagonia 40s. This is the best setup I’ve had to date. Also, best setup I’ve ridden in.

Last edited:

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
I’ve had three builds, 2jk’s and now jl. Spacer, RC 3.5 and now RK 2.5 X factor. The ride on the RK is amazing on the road, haven’t hit the trail yet. Of course it has a lot to due to the shocks/tires as well. I went with Fox 2.0 and Patagonia 40s. This is the best setup I’ve had to date. Also, best setup I’ve ridden in.
I haven't had as much luck with the RC stuff but agreed tires had a lot to do with the ride also...

Sponsored

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
I
I’ve had three builds, 2jk’s and now jl. Spacer, RC 3.5 and now RK 2.5 X factor. The ride on the RK is amazing on the road, haven’t hit the trail yet. Of course it has a lot to due with the shocks/tires as well. I went with Fox 2.0 and Patagonia 40s. This is the best setup I’ve had to date. Also, best setup I’ve ridden in.
will also Add that you've still never used any other system besides entry level RC.

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
99.9% certain it is the Patagonia MT STICKY tire (think competition tire)
They are a white hot deal.

Are you running the Patagonia MT or AT's. If they are the MT's how do they handle on the highway and are they AT quiet or can you hear the hum?

andeee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have the 2.5 evo enforcer kit with king shocks. Only setup I’ve sat in but it feels just as good as my stock setup.

ricardo.cantu

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi
Are you running the Patagonia MT or AT's. If they are the MT's how do they handle on the highway and are they AT quiet or can you hear the hum?
MT's, I can't hear them at all. I drive 80 (real 80) all the time and it rides perfect.
Sponsored