Best riding 2.5" coils/shocks

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Lion, i respect yr opinion, but sounds also like there might be a bit of confirmation bias going there considering that system is very expensive. Whats yr point of comparison? have you ever driven another kit? how many builds have you done? in my experience RK does a nice job but on road ride is NOT their main objective.
Without getting all shrink like, I stated my opinion. I drove stock for 1500 miles and have driven on the mods I stated for about 1350. I'm *very* close to stock feeling like I said. I'm quite happy with it. I have also taken it off road and it handled like a champ. Note I said very close, not exactly like or better, like I have seen some other people say after they did lift. I feel I was being fair in my assessment.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
No updates in here in a while, anyone have feedback on spring rates for the ~2.5" offerings out there? There are quite a few options out there now, right?

OP
OP

6togo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
Your in the same boat as me I want 2-2.5" spring lift that rides close to stock. Problem is everyone is more than that for the Sahara platform!

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
On my TJ I have used a teraflex lift with the pivoting control arms with rancho 9000 shocks for 20 years. Have been very impressed with them did the buy 3 get one free back in 1999. Since then rancho haw warrenty replaced them for free twice as part of their million mile warranty. So i got 12 shocks for $210.

I like the adjustability of them and the adjustment knob is handy to add stiffnes in the rear for towing.

Have been thinking about them for the jl but really liked the ride of the mopar kit we test drove.

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Honestly the Rancho kit seems like the most bang for the buck. All other system are 1200+ with shocks.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Honestly the Rancho kit seems like the most bang for the buck. All other system are $1200+ with shocks.
@TTEChris I'm going for an overlander look on my jlus(currently have rubicon takeoff suspension/tires/wheels) as a daily driver and want to run ko2 34Ă—10.50 class d or 315/70/17 class c. Is there a big difference in gas mileage/power loss/ride quality going to a 12.50 width and 13lb heavier 35" tire?

Secondly, what are your thoughts on best bang for the buck(under $1000 for kit)for 2" to 3" suspension lift aiming for #1 smooth ride on road and #2 off road ability? Have you seen the rancho 9000 kit with springs/adjustable shocks for $739?
RenM0es.jpg

OP
OP

6togo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
Rancho kit is 3.5" for the Sport/Sahara's which is more than I want but agree the price is good! Also they are rumored to a bit firm for a DD everyday on the road.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Rancho kit is 3.5" for the Sport/Sahara's which is more than I want but agree the price is good! Also they are rumored to a bit firm for a DD everyday on the road.
I think the Rancho REP @RanchoShocks that post on here said you could get the RUBICON 2" kit for the sports but the difference was the bump stops. Maybe you could just switch out bump stops. I agree, the 3.5" is more than I want so I'd prefer the Rancho in 2-2.5" form.

OP
OP

6togo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
Yea the Rubicon kit on a sport/Sahara yields 3.5".

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
This is what I'm running on my sport, I love it. The ride, is a tad stiffer that factory, but not too harsh. It feels very robust, and solid if that makes sense.
How much actual lift did you get? Do the adjustable shocks set on soft setting compare well with stock?

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
At leasr on my TJ the stock stiffness translated on the rancho 9000 was was between two settings on the 9000 shock. So can go a tad stiffer or a tad softer. Running it with a terraflex kit though which also improve the handling and ride.

I am betting that with the extra weight of a 4 door it would fall right on one of the settings.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
@6togo
Icon Stage 1 & 2 are great entry level systems to get you going. Our systems are modular so you can up grade your system as time goes on.

JL Stages.JPG

Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Thank you.
I just put the Stage 8 kit on my JL. It’s incredible!