Sponsored

Best riding 2.5" coils/shocks

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
It’s all subjective. I’ve run a number of setups and liked EVO springs with Rancho 9Ks best on my JKUR. It gave me my most comfortable street ride while still tackling any off-road with ease.

That said, going with a vendor who takes the time to match up shocks to their chosen springs rates is ideal. Some do this better than others and even the vendors having varying levels of how hard or soft the overall ride will be.

Going with the likes of EVO, Icon, Teraflex, Synergy, Rancho, Metalcloak would all be good choices.
Sponsored

maaark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed the MC 2.5" gamechanger lift paired with ADS shocks on my JLU Sport S. The MC springs were far too stiff, my 200lbs could barely sag them jumping on the front bumper. I swapped them out for the EVO plush ride coil springs and am very happy with them. They feel slightly stiffer than OEM but also feel a lot more controlled when going over bumps and potholes for daily driving.

I read in another thread that RK has really soft springs but would likely add an extra inch of lift to a non-rubicon model as do most of the 2.5" springs on the market now. I also saw that Synergy has coils with spring rates even lower than RK which would be even closer to the OEM ride.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking into spring rates a little bit now and here's what I've read:

Front / Rear

JLU Sport : 117 / 172
JLU Rubi : 125 / 174
Mopar lift : 132 / 181
Synergy : 120
Teraflex : 140
RK 2.5 : 137 / 175
RK 3.5 : 140 / 185
EVO Soft : wouldn't tell me
Dynatrac : wouldn't tell me
Metalcloak: wouldn't tell me

Would be good to look at spring rates and then you can pair a shock with that. I've been considering Synergy 3" springs since they are pretty soft and perhaps would pair better with my falcon shocks than my mopar springs.

Last edited:

DocLogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL and 1964 beetle
I've been looking into spring rates a little bit now and here's what I've read:

Front / Rear

JLU Sport : 117 / 172
JLU Rubi : 125 / 174
Mopar lift : 132 / 181
Synergy : 120
Teraflex : 140
RK 2.5 : 137 / 175
RK 3.5 : 140 / 185
EVO Soft : wouldn't tell me
Dynatrac : wouldn't tell me
Metalcloak: wouldn't tell me

Would be good to look at spring rates and then you can pair a shock with that. I've been considering Synergy 3" springs since they are pretty soft and perhaps would pair better with my falcon shocks than my mopar springs.
Can you explain this numbers? Soft vs stiff, etc.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Can you explain this numbers? Soft vs stiff, etc.
The numbers that are *** / *** should be front and rear numbers. The rest I just got front.

Spring rate refers to the amount of weight that is needed to compress a spring one inch. If the rate of the spring is linear, its rate is not affected by the load that is put on the spring. For example, say you have a 200 lb. per inch spring - it will compress 1” when a 200 lb. load is placed onto the spring. If another 200 lbs. is put onto the spring, the spring will compress another inch. At this point the load on the spring is 400 lbs. The rate of the spring, however, remains constant at 200 lbs. per inch.

Some of these are progressive or multi rate so that would change it up a bit .

I'm sure someone smarter than me can explain further.
Sponsored

Last edited: