Best resources for Private Party sales?

Medicaptain

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Plat....looking for a JL
HI all...as you can see I am a new member with few postings, but I have a read a TON.

I am on the hunt for a 19-21 Rubi, StingGray, fully optioned out (cold weather, tow/aux., leather) and preferably with the One touch roof (but freedom top is fine too). I am new to jeep'ing but not 4x4'ing and live in the great (aka HOT) state of AZ. I do enjoy the hunt but am having a tough time finding anything really close to what I am looking for in a private party sale. I am willing to travel up to 500 miles to fly to, pick up and get acquainted on the drive home.

I am using Autotrader, Clist (nationwide search engines too), Cargurus, Trucar and the forum here.....but not finding much.

Anyone have a good alternative that they have had success with?

Thanks for any and all replies, enjoy your weekend everyone.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I am on the hunt for a 19-21 Rubi, StingGray, fully optioned out (cold weather, tow/aux., leather) and preferably with the One touch roof (but freedom top is fine too). I am new to jeep'ing but not 4x4'ing and live in the great (aka HOT) state of AZ. I do enjoy the hunt but am having a tough time finding anything really close to what I am looking for in a private party sale.
Have you considered purchasing a new Rubicon via a factory order? You do mention discrete requirements for the options you want on it.

Wranglers hold their resale value remarkably well (as you probably know, since you've read a TON already. ;) ) Since you have a stated interest in a current model year vehicle, as well as a 2020 or a 2019, it's very likely that the price of a used Jeep won't be far removed at all from the sticker price of a new one.

Spend a bit more for New and you'll avoid a long drive to deal with a stranger. More importantly, you'll have a vehicle configured as you require, with known provenance and a warranty.

Something to consider.

OP
OP

Medicaptain

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Plat....looking for a JL
I agree with everything you said. My issue is, I have had luck finding 2 2020 vehicles for under $48k equipped the way I desire but not in the correct color for me (I know...wah wah wah). Going the ordering route would be about $14k more after tax, license, dumb doc. fees and with 5-8% off MSRP......not a sum that I want to take away from for any mods I want (if any....).

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Used vehicle inventories are low right now. My Jeep dealer has three new JLs and two used ones. That is it. To make matters worse, each new Jeep has a $5,000 markup.

If you can, I’d wait until summer. Production is expected to catch up with demand by then.

Good luck.
Sponsored