Sponsored

Best QUALITY, handling lift kit 2.5” -3” for new Rubicon?

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I am looking for the very best (quality, USA made, best handling all inclusive (without shocks) lift out there for new rubicons. Want to stay around 2.5-3” for 37’s
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’ve only had AEV, but the AEV DualSport 2.5 kit rides great and performs awesome off-road as well.

OP
OP
Howardlv22

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Thanks, I’ve used many lifts over the years, usually falcon shocks mixed with Tera flex. Havnt had many issues it complaints. I’m looking at Clayton, metalcloak and teraflex

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I’ve used many lifts over the years, usually falcon shocks mixed with Tera flex. Havnt had many issues it complaints. I’m looking at Clayton, metalcloak and teraflex
Jeep Wrangler JL Best QUALITY, handling lift kit 2.5” -3” for new Rubicon? 3AA3CA69-442D-4C37-B6A6-F054A53A92F7

https://rockkrawler.com/jlu-3-5-inch-diesel-adventure-x-no-limits-long-arm-system/

MC and Clayton are great choices as well….

But you notice I didn’t ask you what your intended use is, that’s because with this kit, it doesn’t matter……

Whichever kit you decide on, just make sure of two things….the shocks pair well with the springs, and it’s a diesel specific kit…….

best of luck with your build……..✌

Sponsored

RDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link
Oh, so with a diesel you'll likely already know there are few diesel specific kits for you. I went with the RK and did the full kit with new control arms and track bars. Anything short of these components place your wheelbase in a less than ideal position. So, going all in helps with the handling. That said, the johnny joints used on my RK kit ensure my onroad feel isn't as good as something which uses bushings. Regardless, I'm still very happy about the feel of my rig w/ the RK kit. It's a little harsh at first, but it breaks in. The only noticeable difference for me is a little more play in corners as the suspension loads up. Granted, I'm a former track day (paved type) junkie with two race licenses. My feel of suspension changes has been honed over the years and I tend to be a bit nit-picky.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Howardlv22

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Oh, so with a diesel you'll likely already know there are few diesel specific kits for you. I went with the RK and did the full kit with new control arms and track bars. Anything short of these components place your wheelbase in a less than ideal position. So, going all in helps with the handling. That said, the johnny joints used on my RK kit ensure my onroad feel isn't as good as something which uses bushings. Regardless, I'm still very happy about the feel of my rig w/ the RK kit. It's a little harsh at first, but it breaks in. The only noticeable difference for me is a little more play in corners as the suspension loads up. Granted, I'm a former track day (paved type) junkie with two race licenses. My feel of suspension changes has been honed over the years and I tend to be a bit nit-picky.
I’m in the 2.0 turbo, I just traded my 2021 built eco diesel for this new rubicon 2.0, so no diesel specific lifts.
For anyone wanting to assist here, I will be searching for a kit that does not compromise MUCH on road. Like our past 4 wranglers, this will be our travel vehicle, I won’t go above 38’s. I also will be doing a good portion of overlanding and crawling. Typically we will be visiting shnebly hill, backway to crown king, table mesa, and jeep rated trails in CA, Utah and Colorado.
I’m searching for a 2.5-3” kit that encompasses those uses and offers durability and a lower maintenance interval. On road driving is equality important to me and I’m willing to compromise on both aspects to have a fun totally affective rig that can do it all well, not be the best at one thing. Also if you suggest a kit, I would be extremely grateful to hear the shocks you pair with it. I’ve always used falcons as my one experience with fox was terrible. They were soft and cheap feeling.

OP
OP
Howardlv22

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Jeep Wrangler JL Best QUALITY, handling lift kit 2.5” -3” for new Rubicon? 3AA3CA69-442D-4C37-B6A6-F054A53A92F7

https://rockkrawler.com/jlu-3-5-inch-diesel-adventure-x-no-limits-long-arm-system/

MC and Clayton are great choices as well….

But you notice I didn’t ask you what your intended use is, that’s because with this kit, it doesn’t matter……

Whichever kit you decide on, just make sure of two things….the shocks pair well with the springs, and it’s a diesel specific kit…….

best of luck with your build……..✌
With that being said, which shocks do you recommend? I’ve always heard and seen metalcloak struggle with tire rub as their control arms aren’t bent inward like stock and Clayton/teraflex kits. Have you seen this as well?

I know this has been asked so many times but every situation is different as I’ve always received amazing feedback from this community willing to guide and help, I also know those threads can suck you in for hours with sidetracked discussions 😂

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
With that being said, which shocks do you recommend? I’ve always heard and seen metalcloak struggle with tire rub as their control arms aren’t bent inward like stock and Clayton/teraflex kits. Have you seen this as well?

I know this has been asked so many times but every situation is different as I’ve always received amazing feedback from this community willing to guide and help, I also know those threads can suck you in for hours with sidetracked discussions 😂
With the RK springs I’ve had the best results with Fox. Their RRDs and RRDTT pair the best but lack adjustability that I wanted. That’s why I went with the Fox DSC resis they’re an awesome shock……

MC control arms are bent inward, it’s the RK arms that are bent up for ground clearance. If you go with a 4.5” or less backspace wheels there’s no issues with rubbing…..

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
I've been very happy with the MC GC 3.5 I put on my wife's JLUR 2.0. She feels it rides better than stock and we've new added Motobilt bumpers and spare tire mount, Warn winch, Artec aluminum skids, and will be adding some Genright steps when I get my bonus around Thanksgiving. I've got a set of the Artec inner fenders but I've yet to rub, even when it was put on the MC CTI trailer at the Jeep Invasion in Pigeon Forge.

Sponsored

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Consider Clayton - it checks all the boxes. I have the 2.0 Rubicon and paired my 2.5 Clayton lift (their Ride Right kit) with Fox shocks and very pleased with the ride and performance. Even their basic kits address key geometry (f/r track bars and adjustable upper arms - my caster is close to 6). The bushings are maintenance free. I plan to eventually add the other 6 arms but for my needs I haven’t felt like I really need to yet. I’m running 35s but plenty of room for 37s on a Rubicon. I kinda wish I went 37s from the start.

RDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link
I’m in the 2.0 turbo, I just traded my 2021 built eco diesel for this new rubicon 2.0, so no diesel specific lifts.
For anyone wanting to assist here, I will be searching for a kit that does not compromise MUCH on road. Like our past 4 wranglers, this will be our travel vehicle, I won’t go above 38’s. I also will be doing a good portion of overlanding and crawling. Typically we will be visiting shnebly hill, backway to crown king, table mesa, and jeep rated trails in CA, Utah and Colorado.
I’m searching for a 2.5-3” kit that encompasses those uses and offers durability and a lower maintenance interval. On road driving is equality important to me and I’m willing to compromise on both aspects to have a fun totally affective rig that can do it all well, not be the best at one thing. Also if you suggest a kit, I would be extremely grateful to hear the shocks you pair with it. I’ve always used falcons as my one experience with fox was terrible. They were soft and cheap feeling.

Congrats on the new 2.0, you'll have more options now. Given your criteria, I'd look to stay clear from any suspension which incorporates johnny joints then, they require frequent greasing.

I believe the companies mentioned in this thread are all good ones. Also, Fox and Falcon make the best shocks.

The one thing in my original post still holds true, try to spend enough to get the control arms and track bars. Without them, your wheels will not be in their factory position... you're wheelbase will change and not for the good w/o these components.

I found this video helpful, I believe you will too as he discusses on-road comfort.

Good luck with the choice!

OP
OP
Howardlv22

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Congrats on the new 2.0, you'll have more options now. Given your criteria, I'd look to stay clear from any suspension which incorporates johnny joints then, they require frequent greasing.

I believe the companies mentioned in this thread are all good ones. Also, Fox and Falcon make the best shocks.

The one thing in my original post still holds true, try to spend enough to get the control arms and track bars. Without them, your wheels will not be in their factory position... you're wheelbase will change and not for the good w/o these components.

I found this video helpful, I believe you will too as he discusses on-road comfort.

Good luck with the choice!
I’ll for sure do the falcons or fox, and I’m absolutely getting all 8 controls arms 💪🏼 I’m looking pretty much just at netalcloak game changer 2.5 and Clayton overland 2.5
Sponsored