Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
This is the exact reason why I kept the Sirius Guardian service. My Jeep is always tracked. If they steal it I always have a shot at getting it back.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Disable the speaker. Easy.

Now I just need to find a spot that's nearly impossible for a thief to access. Preferably a tight location that requires tools to get to - in or under the frame. Any suggestions?
I think you are way over thinking it. You don't need a "nearly impossible" spot that is super hidden that requires tools to get to. Someone who steals your car is not going to look all over the place for a tracker. A suspicious spouse or someone who does not want to be tracked..maybe? LOL.

Use some double sided tape and stick it anywhere. Like on top of the roll bar over the speakers. Or under the dash somewhere if you really want to do this.

Like other said, you don't need the Apple device to track your Wrangler. Uconnect does all of that.

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
A good place to hide stuff is the exterior mirror cap, IF not heated, powered mirrors. Pop off that plastic cap, insert whatever, pop cap back on. Who knew ?

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Given that the battery needs to be replaced once a year it needs to be somewhere you can get to it. I might have to pull the speaker out of one of mine and will then consider where to locate it. Velcro’d under the dash or seat seems like a good spot.