Sponsored

Best place to hide an Apple AirTag???

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
So Apple is coming out with the AirTag's. Was thinking about putting one in my Jeep.
Where would be a good place to hide it in the interior?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
So Apple is coming out with the AirTag's. Was thinking about putting one in my Jeep.
Well I been doing this for years with Tiles before Airtags were a thing.

I have mine in the centre console.

I also have one on my fob.. Yea I know it already looks large enough in my pockets. When people ask about it, I’m usually just happy to see them.:)

Jeep Wrangler JL Best place to hide an Apple AirTag??? BA3E8F58-94D4-46E7-A0B1-E8479A012465

Last edited:

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Under the center console? Couple bolts and it's off, but it doesn't seem valuable in a theft situation because it needs to be within range of your phone. Is it to find your Jeep in a parking lot, then you could just throw it in the glovebox no need to hide it.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Under the center console? Couple bolts and it's off, but it doesn't seem valuable in a theft situation because it needs to be within range of your phone. Is it to find your Jeep in a parking lot, then you could just throw it in the glovebox no need to hide it.
Actually it would be somewhat valuable in a theft situation, because the Airtag uses other iPhones to update its location. So long that the thief has an iPhone within the vicinity, you will be able track your lost device.

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Actually it would be somewhat valuable in a theft situation, because the Airtag uses other iPhones to update its location. So long that the thief has an iPhone within the vicinity, you will be able track your lost device.
Ugh! I just did my research. Without getting political, that is very concerning. What if you really upset someone in traffic and they stick one of those on your Jeep and find out where you live? Or someone thinks your daughter is attractive and slips one in her backpack to find a place to assault her. Not to mention that Apple Inc. knows where half of America is at any time.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Ugh! I just did my research. Without getting political, that is very concerning. What if you really upset someone in traffic and they stick one of those on your Jeep and find out where you live? Or someone thinks your daughter is attractive and slips one in her backpack to find a place to assault her. Not to mention that Apple Inc. knows where half of America is at any time.
Well, apparently Apple has thought about that as well.
If the Airtag detects that the owner's iPhone isn't travelling with the Airtag for a while.
The Airtag will notify the other iPhone in it's vicinity that there is an Airtag travelling with them.

So, if someone does try to snoop you and put an Airtag in your Jeep, if you have an iPhone, it will be able to detect it after some time and notify you. Now, if you don't have an iPhone to detect this, well, that's trouble.

Read about the feature here:

Jeep Wrangler JL Best place to hide an Apple AirTag??? Capture.PNG

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
Drop it between the seat and the console - anything dropped there is impossible to retrive.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Well, apparently Apple has thought about that as well.
If the Airtag detects that the owner's iPhone isn't travelling with the Airtag for a while.
The Airtag will notify the other iPhone in it's vicinity that there is an Airtag travelling with them.

So, if someone does try to snoop you and put an Airtag in your Jeep, if you have an iPhone, it will be able to detect it after some time and notify you. Now, if you don't have an iPhone to detect this, well, that's trouble.

Read about the feature here:

Jeep Wrangler JL Best place to hide an Apple AirTag??? Capture.PNG
All the more reason for people to use an iPhone. Blue text bubbles > green text bubbles :rock:

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Sooo...it only works if your thief has an iPhone, and then it eventually tells on itself by alerting the thief to its presence? This sounds awesome.

The only workaround is to hide an AirTag in your Jeep and superglue your own iPhone to the Jeep to ensure they two are never separated. Then you'll need a second iPhone to track the first.

This is complicated. I'm gonna go make some diagrams...

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
It might be worth a shot to stick it in or on sound bar??? Since your wanting to be able to track it, better signal?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Sooo...it only works if your thief has an iPhone, and then it eventually tells on itself by alerting the thief to its presence? This sounds awesome.

The only workaround is to hide an AirTag in your Jeep and superglue your own iPhone to the Jeep to ensure they two are never separated. Then you'll need a second iPhone to track the first.

This is complicated. I'm gonna go make some diagrams...
LOL, or just use the SiriusXM Guardian feature in your 8.4 Uconnect that updates the location of your Jeep in real time.

To answer your question, your thief doesn't need to have an iPhone, just another iPhone in it's ~60ft vicinity.

Best case scenario would be- Your thief doesn't have an Iphone, but passerbys do, if he parks your stolen Jeep in areas with people going by. Your Airtag location would be updated without notifiying the thief.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
This is terrifying and unnecessary. Your vehicle is being constantly tracked regardless and in the event of theft can be detected so long as the uconnect is working.

jakeirish

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpvluts.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Software / Videographer / Video Editor
Disable the speaker. Easy.

Now I just need to find a spot that's nearly impossible for a thief to access. Preferably a tight location that requires tools to get to - in or under the frame. Any suggestions?
Sponsored