Sponsored

Best place to buy a set of Fuel Vector D601 gunmetal wheels?

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I think I'm settled on buying a set of the Fuel Vector D601 gunmetal wheels for my ocean blue JLUR. Any recommendations on the best place to buy them from? Or maybe more appropriately, what places should I avoid? I'm also a volunteer firefighter so any company that would offer a first responder discount would be at the top of my list. Thanks!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I think I'm settled on buying a set of the Fuel Vector D601 gunmetal wheels for my ocean blue JLUR. Any recommendations on the best place to buy them from? Or maybe more appropriately, what places should I avoid? I'm also a volunteer firefighter so any company that would offer a first responder discount would be at the top of my list. Thanks!
Had great service from BBwheelsonline.com have bought 3 sets from them over the years, always quick shipping, easy to contact, and prices are as good or better than others.

FWIW those Vectors are my favorite Fuel wheel, just look proper!
https://www.bbwheelsonline.com/fuel...un-metal-anthracite-12mm-offset-D60117907345/

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for your feedback! Is the wheel sticking out beyond the fender going to be an issue for the annual vehicle inspection in PA? I'll call my shop tomorrow, but curious if you know.
No idea regarding your specific state requirements. FWIW here's a link that has your original stock Rubi wheel & tire and the new Fuel wheel w/ those same tires.
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...17X8.5ET-12&fcl=2in&wcl=1.25in&scl=2in&sr=0in
In the link it states~
Tire will stick out 2 ⁷⁄₃₂" farther. Rim will stick out 2 ²³⁄₃₂" farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset

Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I got my Fuel Vector gunmetal from Discount Tire Direct. Best price I could find anywhere. They don't show up on the website. I called and asked just in case, and they said they can order them direct through Fuel for me. Very easy process! I've used DTD 3 or 4 times and always had great experiences and pricing!
Jeep Wrangler JL Best place to buy a set of Fuel Vector D601 gunmetal wheels? IMG_20200704_130333

OP
OP
stevieb92

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
No idea regarding your specific state requirements. FWIW here's a link that has your original stock Rubi wheel & tire and the new Fuel wheel w/ those same tires.
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...17X8.5ET-12&fcl=2in&wcl=1.25in&scl=2in&sr=0in
In the link it states~
Tire will stick out 2 ⁷⁄₃₂" farther. Rim will stick out 2 ²³⁄₃₂" farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset
Thanks for the info! I called my garage that does the state inspection and was told the rule is the flat portion of the tread can't stick out more than 2 inches past the edge of the fender. He said if it looks close, he isn't going to measure it, but if it looks obnoxiously past the fender he can't pass it.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info! I called my garage that does the state inspection and was told the rule is the flat portion of the tread can't stick out more than 2 inches past the edge of the fender. He said if it looks close, he isn't going to measure it, but if it looks obnoxiously past the fender he can't pass it.
From directly behind the flare...
Jeep Wrangler JL Best place to buy a set of Fuel Vector D601 gunmetal wheels? IMG_20200809_190535

actionplus

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I got my Fuel Vector gunmetal from Discount Tire Direct. Best price I could find anywhere. They don't show up on the website. I called and asked just in case, and they said they can order them direct through Fuel for me. Very easy process! I've used DTD 3 or 4 times and always had great experiences and pricing!
Jeep Wrangler JL Best place to buy a set of Fuel Vector D601 gunmetal wheels? IMG_20200809_190535
What size tires are those? 35?
Am thinking of getting the same config.

Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What size tires are those? 35?
Am thinking of getting the same config.
THey are KO2s and the conversion has them at about 34.5” after the metric conversion.