Best overall tuner/chip for 2.0?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Just looking for real life experience. Power, mpg, boost...

2021 JLUR

I already have a tazer mini. Considering a chip and gears down the road.
Sponsored

Last edited:

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I like the Superchips and Diablo tuners. I've heard really good things about the new Superchips traildash 3 they are getting ready to release. The SuperChips devices gives you a few more options for changing dash startup animations and setting tpms sensor thresholds, gears, tires, etc...

The DiabloSport tuners like the i3or T2 allow tuning of the engine and the trans. The Superchips tool currently only tunes the engine, but I understand trans tuning is coming and will be automatically enabled in the device through an online update.

What sold me on the Diablo or SuperChips tune (both owned by Holley) was when I test drove one a 19 Rubicon 2.0T with big heavy 20" rims and either 35" tires and it was peppier than my stock Rubicon Recon.

I have the 2.0T and a Diablosport T2 in my jeep. I've been running the performance tune for 6 months and love it. Huge drivability differences. Much peppier from a stop, very smooth acceleration. I could tell the difference right away. They spent a lot of time getting that tune right, and it's emissions legal. It does gears and tires too, but mine are stock right now. I couldn't be happier with it. MPG I couldn't, tell you. I bought the jeep during covid and tuned it within a month of owning it, so I don't have anything real to compare it to. It seems to have gone up a little, but I didn't have any real consistent driving patterns to really gauge that. I don't remember what my peak boost is. If I remember I'll look next time I'm out. I have it mounted on my windshield.

When the Traildash 3 comes out I'll probably get that. It will have something like offroad+ mode which my 20 doesn't have. And you can lock the rear locker in 2Hi. :)

There are a bunch of good devices out there, that's my experience with Diablo and Superchips

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I like the Superchips and Diablo tuners. I've heard really good things about the new Superchips traildash 3 they are getting ready to release. The SuperChips devices gives you a few more options for changing dash startup animations and setting tpms sensor thresholds, gears, tires, etc...

The DiabloSport tuners like the i3or T2 allow tuning of the engine and the trans. The Superchips tool currently only tunes the engine, but I understand trans tuning is coming and will be automatically enabled in the device through an online update.

What sold me on the Diablo or SuperChips tune (both owned by Holley) was when I test drove one a 19 Rubicon 2.0T with big heavy 20" rims and either 35" tires and it was peppier than my stock Rubicon Recon.

I have the 2.0T and a Diablosport T2 in my jeep. I've been running the performance tune for 6 months and love it. Huge drivability differences. Much peppier from a stop, very smooth acceleration. I could tell the difference right away. They spent a lot of time getting that tune right, and it's emissions legal. It does gears and tires too, but mine are stock right now. I couldn't be happier with it. MPG I couldn't, tell you. I bought the jeep during covid and tuned it within a month of owning it, so I don't have anything real to compare it to. It seems to have gone up a little, but I didn't have any real consistent driving patterns to really gauge that. I don't remember what my peak boost is. If I remember I'll look next time I'm out. I have it mounted on my windshield.

When the Traildash 3 comes out I'll probably get that. It will have something like offroad+ mode which my 20 doesn't have. And you can lock the rear locker in 2Hi. :)

There are a bunch of good devices out there, that's my experience with Diablo and Superchips
Heck yeah!! That’s what I was looking for. Thank You Sir!

I will definitely be looking into those. Lost a bit of power with the 37s. I appreciate the response.
Sponsored