Best Option You Did Not Take

Enis

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Cool thread, for me, either colour matched top/fenders or saddle leather I’ve got all the options I want except the saddle leather
Sponsored

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
I have A/C and cruise....... Took no other options. no power anything, no bells, no whistles, basic ride for a basic dude.
Funny that you mention cruise control, Mudduck, as I was under the impression that I was not going to have it in my 2022 Willys Sport --- but there on the steering wheel are all the buttons for it.

Is the cruise control actually in my Jeep, though? I may well never know, as I'd never use it here in Alaska, so it's really beside the point anyway.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Is the cruise control actually in my Jeep, though? I may well never know, as I'd never use it...
Neither Wife nor Heir Apparent have any interest in the cruise control functions in their respective Hondas, so I've asked the same question myself.

To be fair, they prefer to actually drive their vehicles, and not surrender a bit of that responsibility to an electronic third party, so I do genuinely respect their position on the matter.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
2 door base Sport, A/C and auto transmission.

3) Manual windows are fine except when my big a*s dog is riding shotgun, then sometimes wish for electric windows.

7) Wish I could of opted out of that Stupid Ginormous Key! 😭
Do you also have manual locks? If you do you can ditch the ginormous key. I put my rfid chip into the Threedom key cap and just press it against the button to to start the Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Option You Did Not Take IMG_0023.JPG

Sponsored

Flatties 4ever

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72Bronco, 95-12v,48Cj2a,53Cj3b,52M38-v8, JlSport
Occupation
Electrician
Do you also have manual locks? If you do you can ditch the ginormous key. I put my rfid chip into the Threedom key cap and just press it against the button to to start the Jeep.

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out!

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
My search due to looking for a Used in the color I wanted prevented being TOO concerned about option packages. But I wish I had found mine with the Cold Weather Package! Tough to find when the Jeep I have is from FLORIDA! LOL!

But last week I was given a 2022 Cherokee Trailhawk with the cold weather package. OMG I was in LOVE with the heated Steering wheel. My hand have just enough arthritis that I should have been looking for that. After the run around trying to get the Florida added Hard Top wired and working for NY State weather, I doubt I want to go through what it would take to get a heated steering wheel.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Very happy to not have the Safety Group or Advanced Safety. I’ve been pretty successful at changing lanes, staying within my lane and following others all on my own for the past half century. Same with the Jeep-branded off road kit.

4x4Punk

First Name
Skully
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler TJ, 22 Wrangler JL Sport
All of them. I didn't get all the options.

Well, not exactly true. Automatic trans, air conditioning, anti-spin differential. And I went with the black hard top because I don't like the soft top setup on the JL (compared to my TJ). Other than that nothing fancy or creature comforts. If I did it all over again I would probably opt for power door locks, but that's the only option I would have added.

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
As for you people that don't appreciate painted fenders, you must not have gone through the dreaded time spent bringing sun faded grey fenders Back to Black yet. You poor unfortunate souls.

Don't even get me started on paint matched tops. What were you people thinking? I'll leave you soft top people alone, for you just didn't know any better. Paint matched, though... really? Not true Jeepers! Change my mind.
Mine came from a dealer lot with painted fenders and top. I never loved the look of the matched top - it just doesn't look like a convertible. My fiance hates helping me take the roof off because she scuffed the paint once and felt awful about it (I truly didn't give a shit, but I couldn't convince her of that). So, when I placed my recent order, I stuck with black.

I almost skipped the painted fenders too, but the weekend before I placed the order I helped my neighbor shine up the fenders on his '07, and remembered what a pain in the ass it is to keep them looking good. His hardtop has had no such sun-bleaching issues.

Sponsored

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door

Now this would be a welcomed upgrade to my key. I strongly dislike the huge blank fob.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I'm sneaking into the 2 door group (because I may become part of it soon) - but the fact that the steel bumper group has a $1800 requirement for LED lighting on the Rubicon is a bit of a pain. I did get fancy with the Rubicon, but V6, manual, hard top.

I'm not really on trails in the dark too terribly often, and maybe I don't know what I'm missing with regular headlights, as for the bumper - Rugged Ridge Arcus front = $525 with a winch plate, so I figure I'm saving roughly $3000 or so once I put on a rear bumper of some sort.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Adaptive cruise and other safety features, steel bumpers (I knew I was going aftermarket), color matched fenders and top (omg they’d of been all scraped up by now with this AZ pinstriping). The one thing I wish I would of gotten was the proximity entry. I considered it but decided against it.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
My search due to looking for a Used in the color I wanted prevented being TOO concerned about option packages. But I wish I had found mine with the Cold Weather Package! Tough to find when the Jeep I have is from FLORIDA! LOL!

But last week I was given a 2022 Cherokee Trailhawk with the cold weather package. OMG I was in LOVE with the heated Steering wheel. My hand have just enough arthritis that I should have been looking for that. After the run around trying to get the Florida added Hard Top wired and working for NY State weather, I doubt I want to go through what it would take to get a heated steering wheel.
Out of all the things I did that cold weather package is my favorite upgrade. I live in Phoenix az and still use it all the time. Seat warmers make great heating pads. The steering wheel is amazing when it’s a bit chilled out and keep your hands warm. Can also ride topless/doorless longer and stay warm.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Ordered it and got exactly what I wanted. If I did it again I would get the steel bumper group. When I got it the cost was 1200 and it's not even close to worth what they want now. The rear bumper is terrible.
Sponsored