Best Option You Did Not Take

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Because, I typically peruse the 2 door forums. And the left-handed (which is the better hand) and my Irish kin are welcome to add their thoughts, as well. ;D
Actually I didn't even realize it was on a 2 door topic area at all
My Bad on that and yet...
Still wouldn't want that stupid glued on foam roof thing
Probably woulda got a soft top and last year I had considered a 2 door stripped pink with only an auto as an option but before I pulled the trigger they cancelled pink
Didn't need another car anyways but woulda been neato
Again, My Bad for not realizing it was a 2 door section post šŸ¤Ŗ
Sponsored

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda CRV, Ordered JLUR
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
Keeperman, yes, those are the two different climate controls that I was referring to. I have the first set.

What I dislike about the second set is that 1) you cannot at a glance see where your temperature controls are set --- those blue and red arrow buttons are only relative settings, not absolute settings, 2) the inclusion of hard-to-see buttons instead of the instantly recognizable knobs, 3) the 2nd set forces you to set a cabin temperature through the touch screen. 4) the various vent settings are scattered all over the place, and not on one knob, in a logical sequence.
I see where you are coming from. I ended up with the second by nature of the trim I chose. I like some parts of it and some I don't. I, like most on here, prefer physical knobs as well. Mine is chock full of all kinds of stuff. Seat heaters, vent settings. And it is all unnecessarily reiterated in the on screen. As well, if I want to split the set temps I have to do so on screen.

I will say, learning to deal is not ideal but not terribly difficult on this system. If I need max cool, I set temp as low as it goes and crank the fan. Same thing but opposite for heat. Otherwise, 70 degrees and leave it. It does make me wonder though, if I set a temp and then change settings other than the temp, does it still try to achieve the temp but with my chosen settings? Who knows honestly.

I think there might be a slight difference in operation with your 3rd point. The red and blue change the desired cabin temp without needing to utilize any controls on the . The vent settings are on one button, but, you have to cycle through them. Not a huge fan in general.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I was quoted $7,000 to put in the Metalcloak 2.5ā€ gamechanger lift..
I recall a CDJR dealer sale promotion occurring some time in 2021. $2K to purchase and install the 2" factory lift kit.

Yes, that was a sale price for OEM parts installation, and the effects of inflation continue, but still: Seven grand to buy and bolt up the Gamechanger? The shop that wrote the quote is rather proud of themselves.

I did the same thing with my 2022 Willys Sport. I even forewent air conditioning, just to have the simpler, non-touch-screen, non-automatic, strictly knob-controlled climate controls, along with the most basic UConnect info screen.
I've the Uconnect 3 in my Jeep also, with air conditioning, and the analog HVAC controls remain. There wasn't any need to forgo A/C to maintain the desired simplicity.

For Model Year 2023, the 7" touchscreen Uconnect 4 replaces the 5" head unit as the standard fitment in most trims. The latter is now NLA.

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
I recall a CDJR dealer sale promotion occurring some time in 2021. $2K to purchase and install the 2" factory lift kit.

Yes, that was a sale price for OEM parts installation, and the effects of inflation continue, but still: Seven grand to buy and bolt up the Gamechanger? The shop that wrote the quote is rather proud of themselves.

I've the Uconnect 3 in my Jeep also, with air conditioning, and the analog HVAC controls remain. There wasn't any need to forgo A/C to maintain the desired simplicity.

For Model Year 2023, the 7" touchscreen Uconnect 4 replaces the 5" head unit as the standard fitment in most trims. The latter is now NLA.
Yeah I still canā€™t believe what they quoted me..
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Option You Did Not Take 2E08AFBE-BD79-4C6F-A2EA-E43277F4CA3A
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Option You Did Not Take 0E9C880D-CB3A-49D3-AB4D-04C3588BF225

Iā€™ve heard some good things about them but Iā€™m not looking to sign my soul overšŸ˜‚

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport

In model year 2021 that would have been true, but on the 2022s, it was not, as nonsensical as that sounds --- it was either simple climate controls with the 5" screen and no A/C, or the overcomplicated climate controls with the 7" screen and A/C. No other choice was available for model year 2022 in that regard.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
In model year 2021 that would have been true, but on the 2022s, it was not, as nonsensical as that sounds --- it was either simple climate controls with the 5" screen and no A/C, or the overcomplicated climate controls with the 7" screen and A/C. No other choice was available for model year 2022 in that regard.
So my 2021 Wrangler, built on the ass-end of Calendar Year 2020, was a Final Edition twice over: FCA, not Stellantis, and HVAC controls that aren't needlessly intertwined with a de facto tablet.

Yay, me. šŸ˜

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Not really an option, but I'm glad I didn't go Rubicon. I don't need that much capability, and the extra cost over my sport didn't make sense.

Dozerlive

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR
Hardtop headliner. I had it on my last wrangler, and forgot to add it in my current one. Was worth it.

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
If not for Uncle Sam, my answer would have been back up camera. Stupid on a 2DR.
Disagree on this one. I live in a city and parallel park a lot. Back up camera and safety group make a huge positive difference.

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
Disagree on this one. I live in a city and parallel park a lot. Back up camera and safety group make a huge positive difference.
The backup camera is the ONE electronic gizmo added to vehicles in the last 20 years that I will give my somewhat grudging approval to. Especially in regards to backing up to a trailer.

Sponsored

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
Psst, you're 2014 doesn't have one! How can you possible continue to live?
The 2014 isnā€™t mine. Itā€™s my daughterā€™s, who lives in LA. I just paid for it :LOL:

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
I was driving down some random forest roads the other day and the branches were scratching against my top like a needle on a seismograph. It got me to thinking about some of the options I debated and chose not to get, e.g the color matched top. If I lived in an area with rock crawling vs. forests, it may have swayed my decision. So, 2 door people, which option are you happiest you decided against?
Ford Bronco.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Idk bout best optionā€¦ but def glad I didnā€™t get the gorilla glass šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Flatties 4ever

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72Bronco, 95-12v,48Cj2a,53Cj3b,52M38-v8, JlSport
Occupation
Electrician
2 door base Sport, A/C and auto transmission.

1) Was going to forego A/C, so glad I didnā€™t
2) Wanted manual. My first modern auto, very impressed with it!
3) Manual windows are fine except when my big a*s dog is riding shotgun, then sometimes wish for electric windows.
4) 2021 - real knobs for both radio and A/C!
5) Very happy with the soft top. IMO, the best soft top Jeep ever offered. However, the back window is still a pain to use, and getting worse with the colder weather. So Iā€™m still 50/50 on soft vs hard top.
6) Rubicon package added to many electronics for my liking. Instead went with a front mechanical locker and rear torsen limited slip. So far - no regrets, goes everywhere I point it and can spin a mean donut!
7) Wish I could of opted out of that Stupid Ginormous Key! šŸ˜­

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
I have A/C and cruise....... Took no other options. no power anything, no bells, no whistles, basic ride for a basic dude.
Sponsored