Best Option for Led Fender Light?

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
I have heard about Morimoto but Spyder and Recon both have LED fender lights to replace the halogens as well. They are quite a bit more expensive but seem easier to install.

The lights from Recon and Spyder don't seem to have the long wiring harness connected like Morimoto and according to the one short install video I can find, they are basically an exact match for the stock led and use the factory harness. Any reason why Morimoto would design their lights in a more complicated way? Essentially, was their design to ensure full function of the lights? Or are the lights from Spyder or Recon a better option?

Anyone have any experience with the lights from Recon or Spyder?

Finally, to ensure the fit looks as good as factory, is reattaching the double sided tape on the light necessary?

Any thoughts on any of this would be appreciated.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Option for Led Fender Light? Screenshot_20210116-174910_Samsung Internet
Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
TyRoosevelt

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
what trim do you have? I’ve been pretty happy with my quakes, but they only fit rubicon, Sahara, Moab and 80th anniversary.

they said they have double stick tape, but mine didn’t come with them. Maybe I got an early run or they just goofed, but so far no issues from not having it on there.

https://quakeled.com/jeep-wrangler-...equential-turn-signals-side-marker-light.html

I have a Willys. Everything Led except for the turns. Looked at Quake but I have had issues with their lights in the past. I'll check them out as well. I'm looking for the simplest install and one where I am not dealing with any errors.

Is the double sided tape necessary for a perfect fit?

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Willys. Everything Led except for the turns. Looked at Quake but I have had issues with their lights in the past. I'll check them out as well. I'm looking for the simplest install and one where I am not dealing with any errors.

Is the double sided tape necessary for a perfect fit?
I don’t think the tape is necessary. I don’t think these will work for you, though. The willys have the same fender lights as the sport, right?

OP
OP
TyRoosevelt

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
I don’t think the tape is necessary. I don’t think these will work for you, though. The willys have the same fender lights as the sport, right?
I am putting on Rubi fenders. Going to upgrade the lights before I put them on.
Sponsored